Regional Events Lead - APAC
To lead the full process from project planning through to results delivery and evaluation on a number of large complex events for internal and external customers, in domestic or international locations, making recommendations for constant improvement.
Specifically, working with Event Sponsors, Executives and multiple functions to contribute to the delivery of annual and longer-term business objectives.
Working with the Events Team, allocate specific roles to colleagues for the smooth delivery of events and reciprocally provide assistance to colleagues pre-event, onsite and post event, as required.
In order to seamlessly deliver Experian's annual calendar of events, medium and on occasion smaller events are also part of a Senior Events Manager portfolio.
Minimum 5 years' experience in managing complex business events for internal and external customers
Bachelor's degree or diploma in marketing / communications / business or other fields related to events
What special skills/training are needed to perform job or operate equipment competently?
- End-to-end event management, including significant AV and video production
- Project management
- Financial management and reporting for significant event budgets
- Translate business objectives into event solutions
- Comfortable working with people in multi-functional teams, at all levels and on multiple projects within a matrix structure
- Good understanding of business partnering, working closely with Executives as a subject matter expert
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of effective messaging and customer engagement
- Liaison and negotiating with external and internal specialist suppliers
- Operational knowledge of delegate management tool, internal website platform and email deployment system
- Knowledge of Events, Incentive and Travel Market industries
- High degree of self-motivation, energy and initiative, tenacity in driving results
- Independent thinking skills to solve problems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage working relationships effectively
- Experience in championing brand identity through all event materials
- Understanding of Marketing process and channels