About this role
The APAC Head of Technology is responsible and accountable for delivery of technology and services for the Wells Fargo offices located in the APAC Region. In this role, you will:
- Senior technology leader in APAC region who represents Wells Fargo Technology and is responsible for the leadership and oversight of technical resources across the region to enable and deliver international technology requirements.
- Responsible for developing and delivering end-to-end technology services for the multi-business International groups, as well as representing, orchestrating and delivering all strategic application/software services in region through matrix management alignment to the Commercial, CIB & Enterprise Functions application group(s).
- Responsible for working with various Technology organizations, representing regional/country technology to local regulators, Information Security, Risk, vendors and the LOBs to ensure technology is delivered through matrix and influence management.
- Act as the focal point for the business for WFT, evolve critical service enablement capabilities for the APAC region.
- Integrate the technology for the Line of Business/client areas aligned to the APAC region, as well as ensure proper alignment to WFT's Operating Models.
- Drive effective change and deliver strategic technology platforms: Core Banking, Lending, and Trade systems supporting the Commercial Banking, and CIB Markets and Banking Lines of Business in Asia.
- Collaborate closely and display strong alignment with all lines of business, product and functional groups to design, build and implement full program structures, ensuring all technology delivery solutions and on-going support services are delivered in alignment with Wells Fargo Enterprise Technology Standards and compliant with Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Security, Regulatory and Compliance Policies
- Manage a team of engineering managers and engineering leads - Ability to lead a vertical (deep technical domain) delivery function whilst managing a regional end to end horizonal service.
- Focus on delivering commitments aligned to enterprise strategic priorities
- Build support for strategies with business and technology leaders
- Guide development of actionable roadmaps and plans
- Identify opportunities and strategies for continuous improvement of software engineering practices
- Provide oversight to software craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third party providers
- Identify financial management and strategic resourcing
- Set risk management guidelines and partner with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Develop strategies for hiring engineering talent
- Lead implementation of projects and encourage engineering innovation
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Interface with external agencies, regulatory bodies or industry forums
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Technology Strategic Leadership
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Oversight of other local technology resources aligned to the global Enterprise CIO teams
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
- 15+ years of experience managing technology in the Financial Services Industry
- Minimum 10+ years of experience Managing and Leading delivery teams
- Minimum 10 years of experience with international banking platforms (e.g. Core Banking, Payments/Treasury, FX, Trade and/or Lending)
- Specific business knowledge of customer facing international platforms, including digital services, mobile services and customer facing platforms.
- Experience in product based setup, experience of running agility office/change programs, and good working knowledge of software engineering and tech stack including Cloud, AI/ML, Blockchain. Has good understanding of and connects within fintech community in the region.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory mandates in the Asia Pacific region, experience of interacting with audit and regulators
- Posses strong and proven risk culture and risk management experience.
- Ability to work across different time zones/cultures
- Being champion or practitioner of Agile practices viz SCRUM, RUP etc.
- Service level and Operational management (platform/production support) experience would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects across the international portfolio, demonstrable experience managing program budgets
- Extensive experience working in a large matrix managed, multinational environment with a high degree of relationship management competency
- Demonstrable people management experience, both on-shore and off-shore
We Value Diversity
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.