Senior member of the global internal audit team to oversee all IA activities in Asia region.
Leading insurance company serving more than 30 countries and regions.
Providing both personal and commercial insurance.
Growing company with this newly created position - Regional Internal Audit Director.
- Work with Deputy CAE, Europe & Asia to oversee IA activities in Asia.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with senior management and stakeholders in Asia, representing the global IA function.
- Develop relationships with each local head of IA to oversee the IA activities in each country.
- Review board/ audit committee materials for each entity, ensuring accuracy and consistency of reporting.
- Attend Board/ Audit Committee meetings for each entity.
- Oversee the development and execution of each countries IA risk assessment and audit plan.
- Ensure each country follows the established global SI IA methodology and technology.
- Review of audit working papers/ Final reports in Asia region.
- Monitor progress against each IA plan, ensuring accuracy of audit management information.
- Oversee the monitoring and follow up on status of IA observations through regular interaction with the local heads and management as appropriate.
- Understand/ report regularly to Deputy CAE - EU/ Asia, the key issues and themes arising out of the retail entities.
- Identify areas of commonality across different audit plans and develop unified audit programs for execution.
- Oversee outsourcing contracts for IA activities where appropriate, maintaining regular communication with outsourced provider.
- Review budget/ spend/ resourcing requirements across the region.
- Oversee J SOX compliance activities for entities in scope.
- Participate in data analytic initiatives within the department working with the Professional Practices team to develop scope of continuous monitoring.
- Keep abreast of key regulatory requirements/ IA trends in Asia for input into the audit plans.
- Minimum 10 years of IA experience of which at least 5 years in managerial level within insurance industry.
- Significant demonstrable IA experience working in complex global organisations.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting. IA or Insurance.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse IA experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and demonstrable experience in managing relationships with Audit Committee/ Board.
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and in a matrix environment.
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Experience in the insurance industry would be preferable.
- An opportunity to join the global Internal Audit team based in Singapore
- Senior member of the global Internal Audit team to over see Asia Region
- Newly created role, be a part of the growing company
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Wei Kher Wong on +65 6541 9967.