Regional Management Asia Pacific - Regional Business Manager - Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team: Singapore Regional Management (CCO, Deputy COO & COO)
The Regional Management represents Deutsche Bank ("DB") in the respective jurisdiction/location and oversees the local franchise across all Business and Infrastructure Functions including separate Legal Entities.
They are responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a proper local governance framework (incl. the obligation to escalate), as well as oversight of the implementation of global strategies and ensuring their compliance with local requirements. The Regional Management provides leadership for the local franchise development initiatives, providing support to the businesses and provides local intelligence into regional global processes. The CCO, Deputy CCO and COO acts as a senior sponsor for key client and regulatory relationships and further stakeholders and actively promotes DB in the local market. He/ she provides leadership and is also responsible for escalating any significant local issues to Regional CEO and/or the appropriate Regional Management committee.
The key Governance Forum that oversees the location include : Singapore Branch Management Board, Singapore Operating Committee, to be Secretary of these Governance Forums APAC CEO/COO Regional Management
Support APAC COO in implementation of global projects across the Region (APAC) and tracking performance/budget of APAC countries. Further the role entails overseeing governance matters for APAC including timely closure of audit findings, self-identified Issues and any governance actions.
Secretary of the main APAC / Singapore Governance forums. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- Monitor Asia Pacific Regional Management cost and review monthly variances with Group Finance. Collaborate with Deutsche Bank Headquarter for full-year Regional Management cost and FTE projections and help deliver cost target. Assist Regional COO in conducting cost management exercises and ensure proper governance framework over cost control. Support APAC COO in driving the strategic initiatives in the region and work with Country COOs closely to implement the strategy. Represents RM at various global forums and committees and help execute APAC ExCo, RGC and RM Call with agenda planning, collection of documents, tracking of open issues, preparing meeting pack and writing Minutes for RM Call, APAC ExCo and RGC Meetings.
- Help track completed, ongoing and expected audits in the region and follow up with lessons learned to be uploaded onto Regional Management Sharepoint; Assist Regional COO in reviewing the universe of Legal Entities in APAC, identifying governance gaps and executing remediation plans (as part of the APAC Legal Entity Review).
- Help execute APAC ExCo, RGC and RM Call with agenda planning, collection of documents, tracking of open issues, preparing meeting pack and writing Minutes for RM Call, APAC ExCo and RGC Meetings. Drive appointment / release of process for Regional / Country Managers, Legal Entity Board Members and Branch Managers in the region. Review memo, CVs and future governance org chart and facilitate the approval process with the Frankfurt Office.
- As BCM Coordinator for APAC Regional Management, exercise regular BCM tests / review, including BC Document, Call Tree Test, Awareness Training and BRS Test. Collaborate with GDMO and help establish standardized record management system for APAC Regional Management and roll out to countries in the APAC region. Provide any support to the Frankfurt Regional Management Office as a working-level business management contact.
- Coordinate Singapore Management/Committee Meetings as Committee Secretary with agenda planning, collection of documents, tracking open issues, preparing meeting pack and taking the Minutes for Singapore BMB, Singapore OpCo. Maintain the BoardPad for Singapore BMB and Singapore OpCo. Any other duties as may be assigned/communicated from time to time by the APAC Regional CEO, APAC Regional COO, Regional Management Directors, including RM oversight standards, event planning (e.g. APAC Supervisory College), senior visits, strategy papers, RM internal team meeting and any other client / business briefings.
How we'll support you:
- Strong knowledge of Deutsche Bank operating environment to support smooth execution of tasks
- Motivated and self-driven with ability to execute ad hoc projects independently and on a timely manner
- Good communication skills as required to interact with senior management members
- Fluent in English & writing skills to support communication with senior management in the region and globally.
- Strong MS Office skills
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.