Regional Payroll Specialist, APAC
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- KS International , EA Licence No: 08C5498
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
My client is a Consulting firm who needs a Payroll specialist (SG based) with a minimum of five years’ experience in processing global payroll, preferably in a professional services environment. Ceridian and/or Ceridian Dayforce experience would be great. Payroll experience for Japan and Australia is a must.
Reports to: Director, Global Payroll
The Regional Payroll Specialist, Asia Pacific manages all activities necessary to process payrolls across our Asia Pacific region (inclusive of Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Japan, India, South Korea and the UAE). This position works closely with members of the Human Resources department along with other key Finance personnel including the other regional payroll specialists globally.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage monthly disbursement of outsourced payrolls across the region, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
- Preparing accounting transactions and documents, (must have G/L knowledge), documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for senior management.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Researches concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions.
- Performs periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepares materials for external or internal auditors.
- Researches laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
- Supports global expansion and provides insight for 3rd party vendor(s) to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries.
- Communicates actively with Human Resources and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; certified payroll designation or the equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in processing global payroll, preferably in a professional services environment
- Ceridian and/or Ceridian Dayforce experience preferred
- Previous success in developing and/or standardizing processes, with a focus on the client experience.
- Proven experience in providing highest levels of client service internally or externally.
- Understanding, inclination toward, and strong appreciation of the importance of building trust-based relationships with key stakeholders.
- Dedication to teamwork and collaboration within payroll function and across other corporate teams
- Excellent communication skills; listening, speaking, writing.
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular.
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with clients and with other Finance colleagues.