Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 16 Dec 17
Do you have a strong understanding of the Singapore regulatory environment? Can you apply strategic thinking to preparation for exams, thematic reviews, and understand the regulatory implications in run-the-bank activities? We're looking for someone like that to:
• own the interface for MAS and other financial supervisors for the Singapore businesses
• take full responsibility for all regulatory correspondence and response to reviews and exams including organizing and attending meetings
• perform exam preparation, senior management briefing, and the execution of the firm's regulatory engagement plan
• proactively brief and provide strategic guidance to global, regional and senior business management in their preparation for engagement with financial supervisors in Singapore
• drive strategic responses to any critical issues that requires regulatory input in Singapore in cooperation with local management and our compliance function
• partner with our Head of Compliance in Singapore to oversee group interactions executed locally
• provide advisory services to the business and country heads on regulatory and supervisory issues particularly where there are common issues across the group.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The Group Regulatory & Governance (GRG) function is the competence center for coordinating external governmental and regulatory relations and overseeing strategic regulatory matters across the firm. GRG focuses on three areas, which include Governmental & Regulatory Affairs, Recovery & Resolution Planning and Governance Affairs. Within the governmental and regulatory affairs mandate, the Regulatory Affairs unit ensures a consistent approach towards interactions with financial supervisory and regulatory advisory to the business. RA has dedicated teams for Switzerland, UK, US, Hong Kong and Germany. This is a newly created position to build RA in Singapore.
Currently the regulatory interface in Singapore is covered by different functions outside GRG. This position will take over the regulatory coverage, with a priority focus on the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). The position will dually report to the global head of RA and APAC head of GRG with accountabilities to Singapore Country Head, COO and management committee. The position will be an integral member of the APAC GRG team and will work closely with C&ORC (Compliance & Operational Risk Control)
Your experience and skills
- someone with a background in law or experience in a Financial Markets supervisory entity.
- execution-oriented, attentive to details and a proven team player
- proactive and willing to question existing processes to suggest improvements
- a good understanding of the Singapore regulatory environment as it is applicable to UBS Singapore and the relevant implication for the group
- an understanding of global policy developments and how those are approached in the specific Singapore regulatory environment
- very good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.