Regulatory Production Services - Technology Service Analyst - Associate
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Regulatory Production Services - Technology Service Analyst - Associate
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
- We are part of Regulatory Production Services group responsible for providing technology support.
- Our team provides an end to end, follow the sun support service for business domains such as Regulatory, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, AFC, Legal & eDiscovery applications. Interacting and working alongside the front office, middle office, back office, developers, business analysts and infrastructure teams. Being at the fore front of supporting the applications the team members have high exposure to and work with the front to back business teams on a daily basis within a fast paced dynamic environment.
- We are a Run the Bank organization supporting business & operations.
Main duties and Respsonsibilities:
- Driving an operational environment for multiple business applications from daily operational tasks, incident and problem management, change and new application/service, on boarding plus ensuring a stable operating environment for the applications.
- Act as an escalation point for user issues and requests within the stream and report issues to senior management.
- Gain detailed knowledge of all business flows, the application architecture and the hardware configuration for supported applications.
- Define, document and maintain procedures, SLAs and knowledge base to support the platforms to ensure consistent service levels are achieved across the Global support team.
- Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure and third party systems / data providers & vendors.
- Ensure timely delivery of key data feeds within SLA's. Consistently achieve maximum availability (up time) for critical functionality.
- Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and working to minimize impact wherever possible.
- Conduct post-mortems of incidents and drive relevant feedback into Incident, Problem and Change management programs.
- Facilitate coordination across streams and the wider teams during incidents and key market and holiday events.
- Drive the development and implementation of the tools and best practices needed to provide effective support.
- Assist in the process to approve all new releases and production configuration changes; ensure development includes all necessary documentation for each change and conduct post-release testing where required.
- Perform reviews of all open production items with the development teams and push for updates and resolutions to outstanding tasks and reoccurring issues.
- Regularly review and analyze the service requests and issues that are raised; seek to improve the process and remove reoccurring tasks where possible.
- Manage relationship with clearing vendor team, ensuring the work they are doing is optimized.
- Engage in 24 hrs follow the sun Production Support model (including on-call responsibilities) with Client Service teams based in APAC, Europe and the US
- Perform reviews of existing monitoring for the platform and make improvements where possible.
- Approach support with a proactive attitude, working to improve the environment before issues occur
- Own the production environment and act as gate keeper for all change
Skills/ Experience required:
- 7+ years working experience in financial institution in providing IT support and dealing with business users on support or requirement gathering
- Project management, stakeholder management and communications experience, Strategic thinker who is credible, with gravitas
- ability to facilitate client discussions and collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
- Getting things done in large organizations – understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
- Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and with executive levels. Relationship management skills
- Experience working with virtual and global teams / Intercultural awareness
- Broad ITIL / best practice service context within a real time distributed environment (ITIL v3 foundation certificate desired)
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Experience with using UNIX, Linux, Wintel, Perl/Shell scripting, as well as ability to write SQL to extract and patch data in Sybase and Oracle databases. Familiarity with JAVA and .Net
- Experience of Monitoring tools such as Geneos, Netcool, tivoli
- "Change Agent", ability to obtain results through influence
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.