Reliability Engineer - Prime Services Risk Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. More About This Job
The Prime Services Risk team cover multiple facets of Risk Management associated with Margin Financing and Clearing services, and our engineers design, develop and run a number of critical platforms within this context.
We implement complex house and regulatory margin calculators, provide real time monitoring for client trading activity and build a suite of tools, reports, and risk analytics for internal Risk Managers and Margin Operations in addition to providing interactive web tools and APIs via Marquee for external clients.
The Reliability Engineering team is responsible for
- Using software and systems engineering principles to build, run, and maintain high performant, distributed, fault-tolerant risk management systems.
- Focusing on ensuring our client's experience of the Risk platform is best in class.
- Ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated and scalable.
You will fulfil a critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated and scalable. You will collaborate with product development teams to continually improve our services and facilitate fast delivery of new products, while eliminating toil and operational work.
We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who thrive on fixing problems and improving efficiency.v RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why join this team?
Skills and Experience we are looking for
- Balance feature development velocity and reliability by constructing well-defined SLOs
- Partner with global development teams to improve services via rigorous testing, release procedures and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Scale systems sustainably by integrating resilience and high availability at all levels
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortem culture
- Responsible for availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for platforms and services within Prime Services Risk
- The team has adopted Kanban as our agile platform of choice, and leverages but not limited to the following technologies: Java, Python, Git, Sybase/DB2, SecDb and Kubernetes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, C++
- Strong sense of ownership & responsibility for our systems is essential
- A curious attitude and eagerness to learn and grow
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Coding beyond simple scripts. Strong opinions on maintainable/reusable code. Desire to build strong and efficient software development practices.
- Track record of identifying and implementing projects to improve availability, stability and performance of systems
- Prior experience in DevOps and/or Agile environments highly regarded
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity