Research Investment Analyst-Public Investments
- 60,000 pa
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Associates Asia Pte Ltd
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
The Public Growth Research Team gathers, analyzes, and disseminates information and opinions on public equity investment funds for use by our consultants and clients. The team is located in Boston, Arlington, London, and Singapore. Investment Analysts receive ongoing training and mentorship from research and client-facing investment staff. Because deep knowledge and experience are important to maximize an Investment Analyst’s time at Cambridge Associates, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with our Research Team for a minimum of two to three years.
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
The Public Growth Research Team gathers, analyzes, and disseminates information and opinions on public equity investment funds for use by our consultants and clients. The team is located in Boston, Arlington, London, and Singapore. The APAC Equity team is located in Singapore and has one Senior Investment Director, who is supported by one Associate Investment Director and one Investment Analyst.
Investment Analysts receive ongoing training and mentorship from research and client-facing investment staff. Because deep knowledge and experience are important to maximize an Investment Analyst’s time at Cambridge Associates, we are looking for candidates who are interested in growing with our Research Team for a minimum of two to three years.
• Aid senior team members in developing house opinions on Asia Pacific equity managers and markets through ongoing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
• Utilize analytical frameworks and develop unique analyses to assess Asia Pacific equity funds in terms of organization, investment strategy, performance, fund terms, current portfolio positions, and other key attributes.
• Conduct portfolio performance analysis, including use of Factset, Bloomberg, eVestment and/or other in-house and third-party analytical tools.
• Help source new ideas and monitor existing strategies by attending and participating in meetings with portfolio managers and other senior personnel.
• Complete written research utilized by our clients and directors to support investment decisions. This includes concise commentaries summarizing meetings with fund managers, in depth due diligence reports, and other periodic research including white papers exploring current topics of interest in the equity markets and fund industry.
• Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
• Demonstrate an interest in investments.
• Demonstrate integrity and initiative.
• Demonstrate command of written communication and strong business writing skills.
• Possess analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability and willingness to engage and articulate well in conversation with both internally among colleagues and external references
• Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• Bachelor’s degree (any major) with strong academic credentials
• Up to 3 years of relevant work experience preferred
• Successful completion of CFA Level 1 or candidates undertaking CFA examinations preferred
• Fluency in Mandarin and English
All applications must include a resume and cover letter.
Please apply at the link below: