Research & Development Software Engineer - Digital Assets
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
A Software Engineer within the Global Research & Development Engineering, an opportunity to be part of cutting-edge R&D projects within the firm. Responsible for developing and accelerating high impact technology solutions, delivering innovative software platforms that enable state of the art technology solutions, including data digitization, knowledge extraction, machine learning and blockchain decentralized financial solutions. You will work closely with other technology teams and business stakeholders to deliver solutions that drive and improve a variety of GS businesses. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverable
- Engineering Graduate with 5+ years of Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Python or C/C++.
- Strong knowledge of building digital assets solutions on blockchain technologies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Corda, EOSIO, or Hyperledger technologies
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed algorithms, and designing for performance and resiliency
- Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Master's degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
- Experience with Financial Market - Equities, Fixed Income, Money Market products
- Experience with developing Decentralized Financial solutions using blockchain technologies
- Experience with Machine Learning and Data Analytics applied on structured and unstructured data
- Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of development projects and related support issues.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.