Research and Analysis Associate Director
Associate Director / Asia Olefins Location: Singapore
IHS Markit Base Chemicals Insight Global Olefin team is looking for an Associate Director in Asia to lead regional market research and analytic service for propylene derivatives, including oxo-alcohols, plasticizer, acrylic acid, acrylates, MMA, super absorbent polymer. You will be the key interlocutor to our commercial and sales team into strategizing and implementing our growth strategy, and responsible for delivering the research as well as implementing our commercial strategy to achieve clients and revenue growth in the region. An Asia focus is expected, but an understanding of global trends is also required. The position would be based in Singapore, reporting to Asia Olefin Leader.
- Strategy development & execution
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS Markit clients and/or potential clients.
- Formulate strategies to support business line goals for organic top line and bottom line growth in terms of new products, services, and solutions.
- Oversight of content, forecast methodology and quality
- Provide ongoing analysis of the Asia propylene derivatives (acrylic acid, acrylates, super absorbent polymer (SAP), MMA, oxo-alcohols and relative derivatives) markets for IHS Markit Base chemicals services.
- Respond to client questions and serve as a resource for client brainstorming/discussions.
- Provide regular and objective written inputs for monthly and annual analysis.
- Provide monthly market pricing inputs into the global database.
- Supply/Demand - maintain production capacity database, and supply-demand balance forms through entire product chains including annual L-forms, short forms and quarterly balances as needed.
- Work with the global team to ensure global product area consistency and continuity.
- Commercial management
- Build and nourish relationships with key regional industry contacts that utilize or could benefit from IHS Markit Chemical services.
- Pursue face-to-face client industry contacts and speaking engagements to market IHS Markit Chemical capabilities.
- Engage functions, including Sales & Marketing, to facilitate business growth.
- 10+ years of extensive work experience in olefin markets with specialist knowledge of one or more of the following focus areas: oxo-alcohols, plasticizer, acrylic acid, acrylates, MMA, super absorbent polymer. Commercial experience in sales, marketing, purchasing or planning is a plus.
- A Chemical Engineering or Chemical Materials degree is preferred. MBA a plus.
- Can cooperatively work across an organization at multi-levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Confident to speak/present to global clients or any internal/external events. Confident to face challenges and requests from clients.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
- We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
- You will be working in the Base Chemicals Insight Global Olefin team within the Energy Resource division at IHS Markit, which is part of a globally distributed group of analysts, data scientists and product managers. The research team is made up of chemical experts with varied subject matter expertise spanning the chemical value chain.
- We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
- Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.