Retail Banking Product Governance Manager
The GCB Retail Banking Product Governance Manager will work closely with the Global teams in designing and executing an effective and timely program covering Asia EMEA Global Consumer Bank's First Line's Product Approval and Governance Program across 17 countries, through defining the overall end-to-end governance over the product lifecycle - including frameworks and operational models for the review, approval, risk ratings of existing and future products and services as well as ongoing monitoring. Job Background/context:
The Retail Banking Asia EMEA Global Consumer Bank has a presence in 17 countries with main product coverage being Investments, Foreign Exchange, Deposits Insurance, Margin Securities Backed Financing and Mortgage. Operations functions exist in each country but a number of internal and external third parties are also used to support these products. Retail Banking Product teams for GCB are structured to focus both functionally and geographically across the region.
As part of self-identified and regulatory remediation efforts, Citi has instigated measures to set up and implement firm-wide New Product Approval (NPA) and Product Governance frameworks, business specific guidelines and workflow tools. This will include establishing and maintaining frameworks for a product inventory for all existing and future products and services, risk rating routines at the appropriate product level as well as risk-based periodic product risk monitoring across the firm.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that first line product approval and governance requirements are communicated and executed clearly, simply and effectively, integrated with and aligning to other related programs, whenever possible across Retail Banking Asia EMEA. Key Responsibilities:
Retail Banking Product Governance Manager for GCB Retail Banking Asia EMEA.
A key member of the Regional Retail Banking organization, to drive, coordinate and integrate Product Approval and Governance Risk Management Requirements across GCB Retail Banking First Line Products, Functions across all countries in Asia EMEA.
Provide strong support to the Retail Banking Product Governance Lead to:
- Manage the transformation of driving GCB operating procedures, relevant tools and operational models to enable the execution and oversight of end-to-end product and governance process across all GCB Retail business lines in the countries within Asia EMEA Region.
- Work closely with GCB Global and Regional Senior Leadership teams and Control Functions to understand and execute against the quantitative and qualitative requirements for executing a world-class integrated Product Risk governance and control framework consistent with overall Citi policy and strategy.
- Sustain key components of GCB's Product Approval and Governance Program.
- Reviewing requirements and operating models across GCB Retail Banking are consistent with Citi requirements.
- Coordinate with the Global and Country teams to design procedures, inventory design and taxonomy standards, implementing risk rating and ongoing monitoring frameworks across all GCB Retail Banking business lines across the Asia EMEA region.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating internal stakeholder engagement across all countries Retail Banking Product and CBORC teams as well as the PMO team of Independent Risk Management and other Second and Third Line of Defence stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensure senior GCB Retail Banking Management and stakeholders are updated on progress and risks and issues are escalated in relevant Committees and other forums.
GCB Procedures, Frameworks and Tools
- Working with GCB Retail Banking Regional and Country business partners, Independent Risk Management and external consultants to design the taxonomy, tools and processes to update maintain a comprehensive inventory of all GCB Retail Banking products and services.
- Establish processes for eligibility criteria, screening and risk rating existing and future products/services, leveraging existing best in class GCB or Citi policies, governance structure and controls infrastructure as appropriate.
- Refine specifications for inventory management, workflow tools, risk assessment platforms, management information and related infrastructure.
- Coordinate, design and launch pilots in select businesses / countries
- Provide support in the development of the GCB Retail Banking business line and region specific implementation plans in conjunction with Regional and Country teams.
- Provide support to define the GCB Retail Banking approach and standards to align with the global GCB program.
· Risk Assessment
- Ensure consistency and integrity between existing Citi and GCB Retail Banking disciplines around risk appetite, governance and monitoring
- Work with Second Line Partners (Credit, Operational Risk Management, Compliance etc.) to ensure the Retail Banking Product Risk Rating and Assessment models are integrated with the Managers Control Assessment, Compliance Risk Management program, Credit / Portfolio reviews, Reputational Risk and similar frameworks.
- Provide support to develop governance routines to ensure reporting and escalation of significant changes to product risk ratings are incorporated into GCB's and Citi's Committee structure and schedules.
- Work with GCB MCA Architect team to ensure the key controls for the end-to-end product delivery approval and governance lifecycle are captured in Standard MCA Profiles and embedded within impacted Assessment Units/Entities.
- Partner with ORM and Regional and Country Retail Banking Teams to agree on local Product Inventory integration and mapping to MCA.
- Provide support to define GCB Retail Banking approach and standards to align with the global GCB program.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .