Risk - Risk Manager - Non-Traded Market Risk - Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team
: Treasury is a function within Finance which manages capital, liquidity and funding risks for the Bank. Their fiduciary mandate covers the Bank's funding pools, asset and liability management (ALM) and fiduciary buffer management.
Treasury CRO & Treasury Market Risk is a unit within DB's Asia regional Risk division responsible for the independent control over the Treasury function's overall risk management framework as well as the Market Risks managed by the Treasury function. Oversight of the Treasury function's market risk also includes oversight of the Bank's interest rate in the banking book (IRRBB) as it is managed centrally by the Treasury function. Treasury CRO and Treasury Market Risk at Deutsche Bank is an infrastructure function within Risk with a direct reporting line to the Asia Head of Market and Valuation Risk Management, the Treasury CRO, and the Global Head of Market Risk for Treasury. In its capacity as an independent control function, the team works closely together with the Bank's Treasury function in Group Finance, which steers business activities and executes mitigating measures to manage liquidity, funding and IRRBB in the Bank. What we will offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect
Your key responsibilities
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
As a risk manager covering non-traded market risk / banking book activities in APAC, the candidate's duties will fall into three main categories: Regional Treasury CRO, Regional Treasury Market Risk and Regional Market Risk in the Banking Book.
Specific responsibilities include:
Your skills and experience:
- Market risk oversight for DB's activities in Banking Book, providing a comprehensive and independent view of market risks to Senior Management
- Ensure local regulatory requirements in APAC for banking book market risk management are included in scope of global projects and solutions implemented
- Establish and document a proactive risk identification process, ensuring all main risks are captured in infrastructure, stressed appropriately, and reported to external and internal stakeholders. Specific focus on IRRBB related risks in the region and all Treasury function-related risks (across all risk types). This individuals responsibilities around identification of non-market risk types related to the Treasury function will be more of a regional coordination role to pull together an aggregate regional picture.
- Provide regional risk leadership for implementation of Risk in Banking Book (RiBB) programme for Asia Pacific with view to implement and maintain a comprehensive framework to identify, measure, monitor & manage Banking Book risks. This includes extension / implementation of the global framework into Asia as well as implementation of appropriate frameworks where required in our separately regulated legal entities in the region. Specific focus on implementation of appropriate 2nd line of defence duties including limits, reporting, governance, model monitoring, etc.
- Enhance the overall risk management framework around the Treasury function's activities in the Asia Pacific region. This includes risk identification, measurement, reporting, management, appetite/limits and governance. This would involve close coordination with Global Treasury CRO team and the regional risk type controllers (RTC) overseeing the Treasury function's regional activities.
- Ensure the overall risk management framework around the Treasury function's activities in the Asia-Pacific region meet the local regulatory requirements for risk management for each of the legal entities in which the Treasury function operates. This would involve close coordination with local legal entity risk management, regulatory relations, finance and compliance teams. Global Treasury CRO team and the regional risk type controllers (RTC) overseeing the Treasury function's regional activities.
- Support for dealing with internal and external audit requests.
- Review of new products in the business area (NPA) as well as single deal transaction approval
- The role will involve liaison with the business and other Risk and Infrastructure areas. The role involves a constant exploration of risk management issues within the business functions allocated and leading projects.
How we'll support you:
- The successful candidate will have at 8+ years' experience in a financial markets role preferably in the market risk management function of an investment or universal bank.
- Experience with management of market risks in the banking book and especially the requirements of Basel's Interest Rate in the Banking Book.
- Extensive working knowledge of topical issues in liquidity regulation such as Basel III and CRD IV are necessary.
- In-depth understanding of risk across various risk types: Market, Credit, Liquidity and Non-Financial, especially those related to Treasury (capital, liquidity and funding risks).
- In-depth knowledge of key risk measures (e.g. duration, PV01, CS01, VaR, EC, NII) & models across multiple asset classes.
- Extensive experience in managing large scale projects and functional management of employees/teams would be highly regarded.
- Understanding of the functional, technical and regulatory requirements for the market risk management function.
- Understanding in Finance and IFRS accounting framework
- Experience in internal stress testing model development, audit/validation and documentation background.
- An understanding of bank assets and on- and off- balance sheet liabilities.
- Knowledge of the behaviour of capital markets products.
- The position requires the successful applicant to be able to work independently without micro-management and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The position requires an experienced and confident individual with management and leadership potential.
- Ability and experience to organise and lead across different time zones and cultures.
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.