Risk Application Support #115481
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 16 Oct 18
Risk Application Support #115481
The Macro Risk Support team is a strategic front office support team, part of APAC Global Markets IT. This global team, made up of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports the global risk systems for the macro business with both FO and BO users in APAC, London and New York. The team support the global Investment Bank's risk functions and as such have to provide global coverage and ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day. Over the past few months, the team has expanded to cover a DevOps function that is responsible for crafting, implementing and maintaining a range of tools and processes for assisting with management of the risk runs as well as resource optimisation on the middle tier hardware and compute grid.
- Gain a strong technical and business focused understanding of Credit Suisse's FID businesses and our technical implementation.
- Work effectively with team members in other locations situated globally, including London, NY, Tokyo and Zurich.
- Provide subject matter expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Valuation, P&L attribution/reporting, Price Testing, Structured Trade Analysis and Risk Reporting.
- Build role into a critical issue point for complex support issues requiring FID business knowledge.
- Relationship management of Business/IT clients and teams globally, ability to craft and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Maintain the relationship with the development teams and drive the support sponsored improvement initiatives.
- Handle the Macro Risk systems in APAC.
- Crisis/Incident Management, raising with appropriate urgency. Ensuring team follow the prescribed incident & problem management process.
- Ensure that the team's Service-Level Agreements for issue resolution and remediation are adhered to.
- Dedicatedly pick up and resolve all application issues and business queries from Traders, Middle office, Product Control and Operations clients.
- Responsible for minimizing downtime/outages/issues of all systems supported by core risk team.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in support tasks enabling the support team to be more effective.
- Watch development releases to Production, ensuring stability and maintaining quality & efficiency.
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level.
- Build and track a book of work for support, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
- Work with development team on improving the environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures etc).
- Provide business and technical leadership to the team.
- Ensure that the team's Knowledge Base stays current and dedicatedly maintain documentation and implement knowledge review processes.
- Good experience with Relational databases (MS-SQL/Oracle/Sybase).
- Fair experience in at least one scripting language (Perl/PowerShell/VBS/…).
- Knowledge of middleware technologies (EMS/MQ/…).
- Understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
- Experience with Windows (Windows Server 2008).
- Experience with .NET framework and C#/F#.
- Experience with MS Excel.
- Experience supporting and handling EOD or Intraday Risk Management systems.
- Experience with Macro products, particularly Rates and FX.
- Basic understanding of PnL and risk sensitivities.
- Experience of business and operational processes in the IB Risk industry.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to actively listen.
- Written communication skills - you are clear, understandable and unambiguous documentation and emails are a part of the role.
- You have the ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions.
- You have good interpersonal relationship skills.
- You possess the ability to get along with senior management in both the Business and IT.
- You are organised and deeply dedicated.
- Ability to learn new business situations and technology quickly.
- You are happy with a highly challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- You have problem solving ability and resilience.
- You have an analytical mind set.