Risk Management Consultant
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
The Risk Management Consultant is a critical position within the Financial Institutions Group Regional Risk Underwriting Group (RRUG), supporting the business' ability to understand its customer base and make sound risk decisions.
Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is a division of Wells Fargo's International Group responsible for providing financial services and innovative solutions to U.S. and International financial institutions, multi-laterals, central banks, and sovereign wealth funds. Overseas representative offices for FIG are located in 34 countries, including overseas branches and subsidiaries in Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Frankfurt, and Tokyo. U.S. customers are covered by relationship managers located in various locations across the country. FIG has a 100-year legacy in international banking, exclusively dedicated to financial institution banking in global markets.
About the Role
The Risk Management Consultant is a critical position within the FIG Regional Risk Underwriting Group (RRUG), supporting the business' ability to understand its customer base and make sound risk decisions. The position is based in Singapore and will report directly to the South East Asia Regional Risk Officer. This position will be working closely with relationship managers, risk managers, and customers of FIG South East Asia. The Risk Management Consultant may call on financial institution customer with the relationship teams in the region; and ensure appropriate compliance issues are discussed, documented, and managed. He/she will act as a point of contact for inquiries from Financial Crimes Risk Management and International Compliance; and ensure that all enquiries are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the business is collecting and documenting customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence according to corporate policy and FIG procedure;
- Ensuring the complete, accurate, and timely documentation of customer data within the customer risk management system;
- Stay attuned to industry and regional trends related to compliance issues, financial crimes, and regulatory and sanctions; and proactively identify risk issues and work with senior relationship and risk managers to develop, document, and implement appropriate action plans;
- Responsible for the evaluation and decision of customer information, negative news, and complex financial activity;
- Responsible for providing detailed risk analysis of the FIG customer base;
- Minimum 5 years work experience in financial industry and/or compliance risk management, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Strong English communication, both verbal and written. Fluency in Bahasa is an advantage
- Experience in handling South East Asian markets, specifically Indonesia, Singapore and Vietnam
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Web based applications
- Bachelor degree or above
- Compliance related certifications (CAMS, CRCM, etc.)
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.