Risk Manager - Technology (Associate Director/Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Technology Risk Manager
in our Risk & Prevention Team
At Bank of Singapore (BOS), we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Head of Risk & Prevention (Technology) to provide efficient and effective risk and control governance and management for Technology-related areas for the Global Head, Operations & Technology Office, as well as, assist with handling of technology / operational activities as assigned Responsibilities:
- Collation and compilation of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for Technology Risk Reporting.
- Perform analysis of the KRIs to identify emerging risk trends, recommend actions to address the risk, and track the actions to completion
- Facilitate completion of Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Regulatory Requirement Self-Assessment (RRSA) attestations across Technology.
- Support in the performance of risk assessments with stakeholders.
- Monitor Technology performance in risk and compliance management, including tracking of resolution of issues arising from regulatory compliance breaches, operational risk incidents, and audit / inspection issues.
- Perform continuous risk assessments of the Technology environment to ensure that the design of controls is in-place and operating efficiently and effectively. Perform thematic reviews via key controls testing to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency in Technology operations processes and procedures.
- Facilitate the implementation of technology / operational risk and compliance initiatives and policies.
- Analyse trends in data, interpret the data, identify issues, provide insights into potential contributory factors and draws sound conclusions.
- Create programs based on industry best practices and trend analysis to drive and increase staff's awareness on IT risk culture and fortifying the bank's risks and controls posture.
- Work with Technology teams in the reporting of regulatory compliance breach and operational risk incident.
- Provide advisory services to Technology teams on risk and control matters pertaining to projects on smart banking initiatives.
- Assist with the handling of operational activities as assigned.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify and remediate technology risks.
- Maintain risk register by engaging with IT stakeholders. Update data relating to risks, controls, key indicators and associated actions as required.
- Integration of operational risk management into core business or internal processes, i.e. systems and processes are designed with operational risk management in mind, risk assessments are performed, including the adequacy and effectiveness of existing and planned controls.
- Review and update Technology Teams in relation to operational risk initiatives.
- Proactively participate in the discussions on identifying, managing and mitigating operational risk matters within the Technology department. This includes, but not limited to, operational risk incidents (ORIs), data loss related matters, blended insurance program, self-assessment review, etc.
- Provide prompt updates on any operational risk issues and actions taken in their respective BUs.
- Work with ORM on operational risk matters.
- Roll out Operational Risk programs, tools and initiatives.
- Coordinate the formulation of Business Unit (BU) procedures covering operational risk.
- Advise Executive Risk Committee/Technology Risk Management Committee/Outsourcing Management Control Group/Information Risk Working Group and Management on status of action plans, risk monitoring and the outcome of risk assessments.
- Co-ordinate the collection of operational loss data and related qualitative data. In addition, ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness, as well as proper classification of the data (e.g. business line, event type, etc) to facilitate operational risk analysis and capital allocation.
- Promote the general Operational Risk Awareness among relevant staff.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a similar role, preferably within a financial institution.
- Ability to identify risks and assess adequacy of controls as well as being able to make suitable recommendations for control enhancements are key requirements for this role.
- Customer service focused - ability to empathize with clients' needs and instil confidence that their issues will be resolved efficiently without compromising on controls requirements.
- Strong understanding of local and regional technology regulations.
- Strong understanding of Line 2 Operational Risk Management frameworks and requirements.
- Strong report writing and analytical skills.