Risk Manager - neXus
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Assists with designing and implementing a risk framework tailored to a digital banking operation.
- Be the reference for facilitating and promoting the understanding of risk requirements.
- Leads and supports the implementation of risk initiatives.
- Helps design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and risk management.
- Ensures risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk processes through effective use of technology.
- Leads and drives standardisation and automation through re-engineering and process improvement.
Drives risk implementation and supports its compliance across all Principal Risk Types, primarily Operational and Information and Cybersecurity (ICS) risks, working with various stakeholders to ensure a robust and well-controlled Nexus risk ecosystem.
a. Process Map Definition: drafts process maps in consultation with Process Owner(s),
b. Potential Failure Identification: performs threat, risk, cause, potential failure identification,
c. Gross Risk Assessment (GRA): performs gross risk assessment generating gross risk ratings
d. Control Design Assessment (CDA): devises and implements effective preventive measures by designing controls and metrics producing risk register, process universe with controls mapped,
e. Control Implementation: implements manual and automated controls working with functional teams and development squads- and embeds them as a part of the platform design
f. Control Testing: performs and captures results of manual and automated control testing where necessary
g. Residual Risk Assessment: performs residual risk assessment; ensures identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures
h. Risk Acceptance: drafts risk acceptance committee or working forum papers based on Group Control Assessment Standards
Cooperates with legal, compliance and other risk owners to ensure compliance with Standard Chartered policies and regulatory requirements.
Investigates complaints and operational / risk incidents and coordinates with relevant parties to perform root cause analysis and risk assessments.
Records and maintains risks / incidents
Ensure risks, issues and control enhancements are identified, assessed and resolved in a timely manner.
Implement control processes, perform key control testing based on key control and risk indicators to ensure compliance with the control statements outlined across Group Policies and Standards as well as facilitate monitoring/collection of any key control or risk indicators.
Records the result of control testing, report exceptions, performs residual risk assessments and ensure identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures.
Examines Group Policies and Standards and performs gap analysis against Nexus' current and planned builds to determine applicability of control statements in a Control Substantiation Matrix
Engages in and performs vendor onboarding activities to support the selection of a purpose-built Enterprise Risk Management system
Adhoc, administrative, working forum and risk governance support: drafting decks and papers (where necessary), publishing meeting minutes, following up and tracking action items, milestones to completion, maintaining project plan milestones etc.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and high detail-orientation
- Ability to explain theoretical concepts to team members with varying backgrounds.
- Good understanding of technology, system design and development concepts
- Good knowledge of retail banking products with a particular focus on digital products, functions, features and processes.
- Good understanding of industry trends and developments including impact on the business.
- Appetite for continuously improving and streamlining processes and the way we work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .