Risk Manager, Operational & Business Risk Management – Governance & Policies (Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
Operational & Business Risk Management - Governance & Policies team aims to partner with the business to ensure operational and business risk are assessed and managed effectively via incorporation into the respective business processes.
Key areas covered:
- new product, business initiatives/new entities, system or process
- Alignment and compliant with risk's policies or procedures
- Infrastructure are in place and relevant policies and/or procedures are updated by respective owners to facilitate monitoring and surveillance
- Assess and provide guidance on control processes
- Provide leadership and a holistic perspective in incorporating and effectively manage operational and business risk into processes and systems
- Establish, design and implement an overall risk management framework for implementing new products and product variations to existing products, new business initiatives/ entities, system and process for the organization, which includes the continuous gap analysis and implementation of process & control design and improvements
- Lead the development, maintenance, and review of O&BRM policies and procedures in accordance with the Policy Management Process. Tracking of deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are designed and updated with new requirements and best practices to meet requirements.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective development and implementation of O&BRM policies and procedures
- Perform risk assessment from regulatory developments and industry mandates and communicate the Risk vision and objectives to various groups to drive the alignment of Risk's policies or procedures
- Supports the business objectives of strategic growth, enhanced client experience, improved risk management and operational efficiency
- Lead the team in addressing key risks associated with the introduction of new products/services and/or enhancements to existing products, including independent oversight and assessment of risk issues.
- Provide effective and constructive challenge in the identification and mitigation of risk concerns.
- Provide insights in enhancing and streamlining the new product approval process.
- Participate in internal or cross-functional projects to achieve productivity/quality improvement which include user requirement specifications, user acceptance test and documentation of new procedures and training materials.
- Facilitate the consolidation of MIS reports for management reporting and support in various risk committees.
- Extensive risk management and governance experience (minimum 7 years) which includes definition and implementation of private banking operational and business risk management related policies and procedures
- Experience in product governance, development, control with strong understanding of risk control framework and operational risk management.
- Strong project management skills, as well as stakeholder management, coupled with proven track record of managing change
- Strong influencing skills with excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with both internal and cross functional stakeholders with a proven ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Extensive experience managing and working confidently and effectively collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of risk policies and procedures
- Consummate team player with a positive, pragmatic, flexible and creative approach.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Evidence of the ability to support, manage and coach the team to achieve organization's objectives and as well as individual's career development
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; analyze situations, define key objectives, and develop strategies and action plans to ensure successful results for the business.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and write clearly and effectively at a high level; excellent ability to communicate direction and collaboratively align diverse organizations.
- Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively
- Must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Bachelor's degree