Risk Operations & Reporting Officer, Institutional Clients Group (Compliance and Control)
Global Operations Regulatory Control (ORC) is responsible for validating, monitoring and performing regulatory reporting for the Institutional Clients Group businesses.
APAC group is currently responsible for the oversight and performance of regulatory reporting for SEBI ODI, and Short Position Reporting for Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea and Thailand markets.
The team works closely with Compliance, Business, Technology, Finance and Operations teams to analyze, interpret, investigate, provide oversight and implement regulatory requirements. Responsibilities:
The candidate will ensure timely and accurate completion of the primary responsibilities detailed below to support the ORC. The role also involves consistently improving the processes and enhance functionality, while delivering excellent service to the major stakeholders and colleagues.
The primary responsibilities for the role are as follows:
Qualifications and Skill Set:
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timely preparation of the monthly and daily reports submitted to multiple Regulators across the APAC region.
- Establish controls for monitoring regulatory reports such as reconciliations, validation checks and variance analysis.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and interact with Business, Legal and Compliance
- Mitigate, manage, escalate, track and ensure resolution on issues that pose operational regulatory risk to the firm.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with all stakeholders on regulatory related issues.
- Responsible front to back testing of business and regulatory change, ensure that the results are documented and presented for sign off by the supervisor.
- 2 to 5 years of financial industry work experience in Operations, Middle Office or Projects with an in depth understanding of financial products. Operations Regulatory reporting experience will be considered favorably.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated individual with outstanding record of professional achievement.
- Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Proactive in identifying, escalating and resolving potential issues
- Strong control and Compliance focus.
- Understanding of trade lifecycle would be a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting