SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL - INSURANCE - SINGAPORE
- 180K PA + Variable Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
We are partnering one of the most stable names in insurance in their search for a Senior Legal Counsel. If you have solid corporate commercial legal experience, experience in or mental agility to pick up the insurance domain, and a fire to grow and grow with a tight-knit legal team and brand-name insurer - this is for you!
This is a rare Senior Legal Counsel position within one of the Singapore Insurance market's most desirable Legal teams. The company enjoys substantial local presence and a regional footprint as well. Over time, you will be exposed to both Life and GI businesses and be engaged in many exciting corporate commercial opportunities due to the Company's scale and growth activities going forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career as an Insurance lawyer. You will enjoy strong, clear leadership and direction as well as a tight-knit team culture. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will also be afforded to chance to mentor and nurture the next wave of young insurance lawyers. You will conveniently work from Central Singapore and be handsomely rewarded with remuneration of up to S$180,000 per annum on base alone.
Your responsibilities include:
· Advising business and functional stakeholders on legal implications of company transactions
· Drafting legal documentation and agreements entered into by the Company in the regular conduct of business
· Ensuring Company adherence to relevant laws in Singapore and Group Policy
· Corporate secretarial and governance support where necessary.
You are required to have:
· LLB from a common law jurisdiction
· >7 years PQE, experience acquired in private practice or in-house; insurance experience desirable; corporate commercial lawyers highly encouraged to apply; retail banking lawyers with exposure to bancassurance business are also welcome
· Familiarity with the Insurance Act, Companies Act, Financial Advisers Act (FAA), and SGX-ST Listing Manual Rules
· Ability to work in a small team and provide guidance to junior counsel where necessary
Are you our next Senior Legal Counsel? Drop us a line today!
If the above speaks to you, we'd love to hear from you! Please send in your updated CV if you feel that there is a strict fit with your experience and interest.
Feel free to call me on +65 6511 0969 should you have any questions not clarified by the above details.
Vicky WEE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reg No: R1762328