SGUP - Technology Operations Governance & Assurance, Group Technology & Operations
Posting Date: 05-Nov-2020
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
In partnership with Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Business Federation (SBF), UOB is offering SGUnited opportunities to mid-career individuals who have an interest in gaining valuable working experience in the Banking and Finance industry.
Be part of the UOB team and:
- Develop competencies and skills that are essential for your future career;
- Gain insightful work experience with professional guidance;
- Be an integrated member that supports UOB's digital and innovation initiatives; and
- Take charge of your personal development with access to more than 6,000 digital courses.
Here are the positions that are available within the Group Technology & Operations team:
- Analyst, Assurance Associate
- Innovation and Capabilities (Data Analytics & Modeling)
- Technology Assurance Domain Lead
At UOB, we are ready to help you grow to your full potential at every stage of your career. Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Java, VB), data analysis and visualization (Qliksense, Tableau etc.)
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Experience in usage of data analytics for IT audit or assurance work will be a strong plus
- Previous work experience in Banking will be highly advantageous
- Strong business acumen and analytical ability to identify business trends and opportunities
- Ability to connect seemingly unrelated questions, problems, or ideas from different business or technical domains or themes to assemble new perspectives
- Team player, self-motivated and resourceful
Interested candidates can visit https://www.mycareersfuture.sg/ and search for attachment opportunities under the hashtag #SGUP
Start your application process with our virtual recruiter, Jonus, via Whatsapp at +65 8241 0926.
Alternatively, you may click on the link "Chat with Jonus"
to begin your application process.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.