SGUnited Traineeship: Associate Site Reliability Engineer (9 months contract)
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for establishing modern engineering practices to attain Service Reliability, Scalability & Maintainability. He/She will partner with application development team to release new products/features reliably to the customers in a faster pace and assist the IT operations team in achieving operational excellence.
1. Adapt the performance engineering best practices and help the team to drive the service/API profiling and analysing potential performance bottlenecks in the application code before its deployed to the UAT/Performance Testing Environment.
2. Partner with development team to fine tune the microservice pod size and ensure the adherence of gold-configuration tuneable parameters for microservices to be deployed in User Acceptance Testing/Performance Testing Environment.
3. Implement the performance benchmarking best practices for microservices and help the performance testing team to come up with Throughput, Latency, CPU & Memory benchmarking of microservices.
4. Maintain the Key Performance Indicator benchmarking & gold-configuration tuneable parameters worksheet and keep it updated in confluence page.
5. Assist senior Site Reliability Engineers in driving operational efficiency by developing scripts to automate various tasks as applicable Qualifications Requirements
As part of the application, you are required to also submit your online application via My Careers Future for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Good understanding of working of Microservices and Container Technology such as Kubernetes & Docker.
- Understanding of DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understanding of application monitoring and familiarity with anyone monitoring tool such as Prometheus/Wily/Dynatrace etc. will be a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in squad-based teams and understanding of Agile/Scrum software development approach
- Positive attitude towards continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.