SRE Lead for Incident and Problem Management, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities The team actively monitors and manages the incidents and issues for the applications supported by the department. The team works with the application support team to ensure performance and high-level of application availability by preventing incidents through proactive monitoring and incidents correlation as well as constantly establishing and tracking user experience metrics. The team is also responsible for communication with stakeholders and other technology command center.
- Manage incident and co-ordinate activities with other technology team for incident assignment and resolution, identify root cause and corrective and improvement action, and track improvement action until closure in compliance with the bank standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management with management, technical support staff, and other technologies incident team to ensure meaningful status updates are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support service quality deep dives for technology incidents, service disruptions caused by data transmissions failures, batch processing delays, erroneous code deployments, Continuity of Business failures etc.
- Providing management support in ensuring highest levels of service quality and improving service levels through identification of problem trends and causes which impact the delivery of production services
- Ability to communicate well and manage highly stressful situations over the phone. Demonstrate proven leadership qualities removing any ambiguity as to who is coordinating the incident resolution.
- Ability to coordinate and drive technical bridges during a major event, asking the right questions, and steering the support teams towards quick mitigation, work-around or resolution to limit the financial and reputational exposure.
- Conduct monthly service review meeting to review major incident and ensure agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met with various business stakeholder.
- Continuity team to provide summary detail should the crisis management team be invoked
- Standby support after business hour on rotation basis.
- Education - Bachelors or higher degree preferably in Computer Science or IT
- Application support experience of 5-8 years, preferably from a banking or Financial Institutions preferable
- Good understanding of ITIL Methodologies for Incident, Problem, Change and SRE
- Good Analytical and well versed in trend analysis
- Technical expertise on one or more of the following disciplines is preferable: Open Systems, Mainframe, Web/Application/Middleware services, IT Service Assurance or Application Development
- Good experience in scripting (VBA / excel and any other language) and simple automation is must.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.