SVP, A.I., Fintech & Innovation
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
SVP, A.I., Fintech & InnovationAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Channels & Digitalization function enables end-to-end seamless connectivity for UOB customers across all physical and digital touchpoints of the Bank. Designed to be in tune with our customers' banking preferences, we strive to enhance engagement and deliver exemplary experiences across our network of branches, self-service machines and digital platforms. We collaborate with FinTech ecosystem partners to keep abreast of developments in the FinTech innovation space and to embed ourselves in our customers' lives. We also harness customer insights to help us deliver new business models and digital innovations, and to build deeper relationships with our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role is part of the core team whose objectives are to Engage, Bank, Collaborate and Invest in Fintechs and Ecosystem partners that drive growth, manage risk, improve customer experience and/ or increase efficiency. The candidate will be involved in leading the screening, vetting, and evaluation of the partners whose area of expertise involves AI.
- The person will be the subject matter expert for internal / UOB - to enable, facilitate, guide internal teams exploring the feasibility of above , be involved in proof of concepts, pilots till the project goes into commercialization
- The person will represent UOB either as primarily project manager working closely with fellow team mates to catalyse ideas, initiatives and use cases to collaborate with external clients or partners to create winning solutions to address their needs. This involves multi-facet collaboration with external parties.
- This person will be the champion and lead AI appreciation among the cohort of UOB employees in general and GCD employees in specific. The bigger ambition is to help transform the employees to be AI- conversant and ingest the ability to use AI/ data insights to make better decisions.
1. The candidate must be a strong subject matter expert in A.I. with proven track record of starting and running AI projects to improve business efficiencies and optimisation of processes;
2. Degree in Computer Science / Engineering. Masters or PhD will be an advantage;
3. Relevant working experience in a MNC IT company;
4. Strong project management experience;
5. Strong experience in managing multi-stakeholders
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.