SVP, AML Private Bank Advisory (Singapore), Group Compliance
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat (LCS) ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
To ensure that Business/Support Units’ Anti-Money Laundering (AML) controls and risk management are effective and in line with the Group AML/Counter Financing Terrorism (CFT) Compliance Program, mainly in the space of Private Banking business.
To provide a robust supervision and oversight to ensure compliance with the applicable money laundering laws, rules, regulations as well as consistency in practices, procedures & controls implemented by Business/Support units.
- Establish and maintain a robust working partnership between FCSS and Business/Support functions.
- Provide timely and quality advisory support on AML and Sanctions related matters to Business/Support Units as well as to country AML Compliance team.
- Ensure timely monitoring and resolution of any escalated AML/CFT issues.
- Contribute proactively on any AML/CFT Process Improvement initiatives/projects, including streamlining AML/CFT procedures without compromising AML/CFT Compliance standards and where appropriate, engage the relevant Business/Support Units.
- Review and perform gap analysis of consultation papers and provide the necessary training/communication to the relevant staff in Business/Support Units to strengthen the 1st line of defense.
- Manage team and handle day to day AML advisory/Sanctions related cases/issues to Business/Support Units, overseas branches & subsidiaries.
- Follow up and resolve any outstanding AML/CFT cases/issues on a timely basis.
- Participate in any ad-hoc related projects and to provide assistance in the preparation of audit deliverables.
- Review of AML/CFT policy/procedures and manage processes on AML/CFT, customer due diligence and sanctions.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and coordination of biweekly or monthly Group meetings.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and news.
- Work with Transaction Surveillance Unit on cases that may require Suspicious Transaction Report filing.
- Preferably with minimum of 8 years’ experience in AML/CFT compliance/Sanctions and/or related discipline.
- Have a sound understanding of AML regulations.
- Have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and in team.
- Have the ability to use judgement and sound common sense when reviewing a customer/case to ensure all issues and concerns are managed properly and timely.
- Have the ability to develop strong partnerships with Business/Support Units as well as with AML Compliance team and colleagues in the Financial Crime Security Services and LCS group.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.