SVP, Senior Application Support Manager (Platforms)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 23 Feb 18
SVP, Senior Application Support Manager (Platforms)About UOB
UOB is a leading bank in Asia. UOB Group has a network of more than 500 offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Western Europe and North America.
UOB provides a wide range of financial services through its global network of branches, offices, subsidiaries and associates: personal financial services, private banking, commercial and corporate banking, investment banking, corporate finance, capital market activities, treasury services, futures broking, asset management, venture capital management, insurance and stockbroking services.
In Singapore, UOB is a market leader in the credit card and private residential home loan businesses. It is also a key player in loans to small and medium enterprises. Winning awards in 2017 for Excellence in Mobile Banking, Best Innovation in Service Delivery (ATM) from the Retail Banker International (RBI) and SME Bank of the Year from the Asian Banker. HR Asia Magazine rates UOB as one of the best companies to work for and is recognized as one of the safest Corporate Banks in the World, with a rating of Aa1 from Moody's and AA- from Standard & Poor's respectively.
About the role
Seeking an experienced hands-on, application support manager who will lead the Platforms support team at UOB. The platform area includes enterprise middleware, credit origination, remittance and collections with a range of technologies from AS400 to distributed systems.
Will run day to day functional and business technology support including incident and problem management, root cause analysis while always looking for opportunities to improve processes and controls. The individual will have a strong desire to mentor and coach the teams they lead to continue increasing the organizations capabilities.
Maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholder teams: business partners, development teams, infrastructure and information security. Expected to drive improvements through influence and strong relationships with managers in other teams, often who need to execute the changes.
- Lead by example especially in high pressure situations
- Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep, underlying issues
- Experience conducting change reviews and challenging existing thinking
- Ability to lead multiple resources on cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex systems issues
- Strong track record of improving capabilities of an organization through leadership, coaching and other such initiatives
- Performance analysis and fine-tuning of systems
- Build relationships, obtain buy-in for proposed changes
- Very strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Drive non-functional requirements into change processes
- Knowledge in credit origination, trade finance and remittance, enterprise middleware and integration systems
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or Six Sigma, Lean process methodologies
- Vendor and contract management
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, system backup and restoration methods
- Technical capabilities in AS400 beneficial
- SQL, Oracle, Java, Unix and Windows scripting
- Comfortable working in a challenging environment
- Experience in virtualization technologies/ containers
- Experience with cloud solutions (provider less critical but AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud preferred)
- AS400 knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of best practices, market and banking industry trends