SVP / VP, Lead Software Engineer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. The Role DBS is modernising its Cash Equities architecture within Consumer Banking business. The program aims to simplify & transform our Cash Equities architecture for greater reusability across region to achieve DBS's strategic vision to provide "equity trading as a service". Regionally, we aim to strengthen our Cash Equities digital value proposition with seamless customer journey. This is a unique opportunity to drive the delivery of a multi-year program, to re-imagine the Front to Back customer journey & reshape the Equities Architecture, including but not limited to implementing a Regional / Unified / fit for purpose Equities Order Management System (OMS) integrated across bank's channels, across regions. Job Purpose We are looking for a dynamic, Software Engineering Lead that can build a world class team delivering the latest technologies to help transform our front to back Equities journey. As an Engineering Lead, the candidate will be responsible for shaping our future technology platforms and building a team of highly skilled software developers (onshore and offshore) to guide DBS's transformation towards a Digital and Intelligent Bank. Responsibilities
- Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release, and implementation support
- Work as an individual contributor and collaborate well in a scrum team.
- Work with the Business Analyst and Solution architects to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application
- Contribute / review the technical specifications
- Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
- Bachelor/Master degree with 8 to 12 years of hands-on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, with Spring boot framework knowledge and experience.
- Possess end-to-end project delivery experience as full stack engineer.
- You have extensively used Java, Spring framework, Spring Boot, Spring Security, OAuth 2.0, JPA, Junit, JMeter, Gradle/Maven, Git, Sonar, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence in development.
- Experience with containerization and cloud technologies (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Dockers) as well as DevOps and testing tools.
- You have developed high-traffic front or backend services for a real customer-facing web site.
- You have worked in a scrum team for at least a year and practice agile methodologies faithfully.
- You have (designed and) implemented REST APIs, web services and SOA components.
- You have effectively used OO-design and design patterns in your work.
- You have developed code using SQL and NoSQL solutions.
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adept quickly. You have coached junior engineers, advocated good coding practices, process adherence and continuous improvement in these areas.
- Cash Equities experience is good to have but not a must
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.