SVP / VP, Modern Stack Development Lead, Core System Technology, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
DBS is the World’s Best Digital Bank. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
We’re looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, you’ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. You’ll design, develop, test and deploy new applications as part of the strategic transformation programme, using Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Integration experience with backend product and booking engines.
- Creating complex applications, transforming user experience and the enterprise
- Working with some of the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding, initially solely responsible developing services that construct applications front to back i.e. from UX to data acquisition and repositories.
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Working with senior business and technical colleagues to rapidly deliver solutions
- Collaborating with and working under the direction of senior technical colleagues
- Contributing to the technical design and architecture, particularly in service / microservice decomposition
- Knowledge in lots of different domains, programming languages and client environments
- Furnish the business domain deeply and working closely with business stakeholders
- Hands on with Java / J2ee, Python, REST (constructing REST exposed API’s) Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Jenkins, CloudFoundary, Openstack, Docker, Sonar, Apache Hadoop stack, AngularJS, Test driven development.
- Strong design patterns knowledge.
- Knowledge of many different domains, programming languages and client environments.
- Familiarity with MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SQL Server, EMBERJS/REACTJS/ MongoDB/Redis/Riak/ Avro/Json/Bson/Protobuf/ AMQP (Rabbit MQ)
- UML and Design Thinking (user journey) experience.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Good to have - experience of IBM COBOL, CICS, AS400, Z13 (inc. zOS) environments and other mainframe.
- Experience with Avaloq, Infosys, specifically their product range, domain specific language and integration layer.
- Experience of TIBCO EMS with the JMS and MQ implementation.
- Hunger to innovate, extend knowledge and present new ideas.
- A Team player, Self-starter, detailed person, with a big picture outlook and quick learner.
- Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.