SVP / VP, SRE Architect, EA-SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
To provide the technical leadership for implementing service self-healing strategies, defining high availability standards and be a leader in the continuous delivery of applications and infrastructure, as well as owning injection of faults/failures into distributed systems (chaos engineering) in order to learn/adapt the system's ability to withstand failures in production. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & responsibilities
- To perform architecture review and advisory for new and existing apps to increase reusability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Assess and identify duplication of components and provide advisory for streamlining common components.
- To keep abreast with the latest technological developments and identify and recommend new opportunities and technologies to the development community.
- To work with cross functional architecture and development teams to analyse and design solutions within the bank
- To identify duplicate components and maintain an open library of share components for teams to reuse.
- To benchmark existing apps, identifying gaps and proposing mitigation plans
- To articulate technical solution(s) to senior stakeholders to get by in.
- Support design and development of solutions that improve resiliency, scalability and reliability for apps.
- Support documentation of standard processes and best practices (i.e. application resiliency guidelines).
- Support the setup and configuration an Enterprise sharable PaaS platform.
- Become an agent of change within organization
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Hands-on development and experimentation on new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work with the latest tools and techniques
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and techniques.
- At least 8-10 years of experience as a Development Lead/ Architect
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to facilitate workshops.
- Self learner always willing to step out her/his comfort zone to become better
- Preferably good knowledge and experience in DevOps automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Mesos Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube Kubernetes etc.
- 3 to 5 years of development and delivery experience with Java, Spring, Spring boot etc
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Hands on in depth experience in some of the following technologies:
- Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or other PaaS technologies.
- Public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Dockers, Garden, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.