Sales Manager, Charles River Development
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Director, Sales, Asia Pacific, this role involves enhancing CRD's regional footprint and Sales pipeline across South East Asia and China. The role involves taking responsibility for a large territory containing many of the world's most significant investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance companies.
The role requires the successful applicant to manage direct sales in a territory and meet annual quota for software sales. The role involves selling both software and services related to CRD's portfolio management, compliance, trade/execution management and trade processing software products to the investment industry. You will be personally responsible for prospecting, working and closing deals within your nominated territory. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- 30% - Prospecting and working with the sales team to fully cover their assigned territory, build relationships and cover all sales opportunities
- 30% - Meeting with prospective clients/working deals - organising and running presentations, demo's, pilots. Working throughout prospective client organization to understand the organization, decisions makers, build high level relationships, clearly understand business and technical requirements, and ability to clearly articulate CRD advantages to best position CRD and close new business.
- 30% - work through objections, pricing and contract issues to close deals
- 10% - develop relationships with existing customers, industry consultants and complementary software vendors to leverage sales opportunities through references and referrals
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must have thorough understanding of strategic selling and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment
- Significant strategic selling experience to C level decision makers (min 3 years - 5+ years preferred)
- Must have big-ticket software sales experience. Experience with large strategic enterprise-wide products such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials is highly desirable
- Consulting sales experience desirable but not as a replacement for big-ticket software sales experience
- Must have technical acumen to understand requirements and objections, articulate CRD advantages. A technical degree in EE, CS or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience in the financial industry mandatory
- Front Office and instrument type knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to meet self-imposed deadlines, possess proactive sales management skills, and a track record of balancing the demands of multiple sales campaigns
- Have an established successful Relationship Management/Sales track record
- Fostered relationships with senior managers in large and small corporations
- Negotiated resolutions to difficult contractual issues to the advantage of both customer and CRD
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously
- Minimum of 8 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred)
- Bachelors Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like
About State Street What we do.
- 30-50% Asia-Pacific Regional Travel
- Coverage of Asia-Pacific working hours
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers