Perform Securities Settlement (SG & Global equities); Set up securities trading and clearing with SGX; Set up shares borrowing and lending with overseas counterparties; Shares Transfer; Corporate Actions Processing; Shares margin financing monitoring
Securities Operations Manager (Project Management, Securities Clearing and Settlement, Shares lending and borrowing, Corporate Actions)
1. Securities and OTC structured products settlement
- Booking and settlement of securities trades (local and global equities) and OTC structured products.
- SGX securities clearing project - Perform trade allocation, securities settlement and clearing functions with CDP
- Co-ordinate with custodians for settlement of securities and OTC structured products.
- Ensure that trade confirmation and daily/monthly statements for clients are accurate.
- Perform daily trade, position and cash reconciliation between counterparty/broker, client and nostro accounts. Investigate and resolve any discrepancy;
- Process requests for securities transfers.
2. Project Management
A) Implementation of New back office system
- Co-lead as project manager to onboard new back office system. Liaise with vendor to ensure that Operations’ functional requirements are delivered
- Thoroughly understand various operational processes and prepare UAT test scripts.
- Perform UAT, identify gaps and ensure that issues are resolved.
B) SGX Securities Trading and Clearing project
- Co-lead as project manager for SGX Securities Trading and Clearing project.
- Identify operational requirements for proprietary back office clearing system.
- Prepare UAT scripts for testing of operational processes between proprietary back office system with SGX Clearing / CDP post trade system
- Conduct UAT with SGX post trade system for trade allocation, settlement instruction and corporate actions processing.
3. Share Borrowing and Lending (SBL)
- Set up and implement SBL procedures for overseas markets.
4. Corporate Actions (CA)
- Thorough understanding of various types of corporate actions.
- Oversee the setting up of CA processes in the back office system and CA processing
- Co-ordinate with CDP on processing of corporate actions files (holders of records, elections, refunds; claims
5. Share Margin Financing
- Oversee the monitoring of share margin financing and related business deals;
- Oversee the generation of risk monitoring reports and inform TRs;
- Manage shares collaterals arising from share margin financing business and related business;
- Perform Disclosure of Interest Filing for HK and SG shares.
- Update Operations Manuals to ensure compliance with latest policies, rules and regulations;
- Respond to compliance reviews, audit findings and SGX/MAS queries;
- Spearhead new projects such as new products operational procedure, system enhancement/development, system migrations;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as front office, traders and IT.
- Comply with the Securities Futures Act (“SFA”), Securities Futures Regulations (“SFR”) and relevant Exchanges’ rules and regulations
- Any other duties assigned by Head of Operations.
- performing securities clearing with CDP (including money settlement between CDP and settlement banks), and corporate actions processing
- leading new back system projects or migration of CDP post trade system
- Demonstrates expertise and working knowledge of local/global equities settlement; OTC structured products settlement; corporate actions processing, trade/position/cash reconciliation.
- Prior experience in setting up SBL; share margin financing monitoring; leading an operations team will be advantageous.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in a financial institution / brokerage
- Knowledgeable on the requirements of Securities Futures Act (“SFA”), Securities Futures Regulations (“SFR”) and SGX/CDP rulebooks and regulations.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office – Excel/Vlookup/VBA, Word, Powerpoint
- A goal-getter, independent, shows initiative, problem solver and meticulous
- Strong analytical skills and time-management skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin, including Putonghua (in order handle queries from Putonghua and Mandarin speaking associates)