Securities Services Business Risk & Control Manager
Securities Services Business Risk and Control is a newly created function that forms part of Securities Services CAO team in Asia Pacific. Its main objective is to establish and maintain a robust 1st Line of Defense control environment to minimize operational and compliance risk within the business.
This role will have responsibility for key centralized front office controls relating to risks emanating from Securities Services product development and service delivery. The role will involve senior level engagement with business, Operations & Technology, and other control functions in 2nd line of defense as well as internal audit.
The successful candidate should be able to work well in a team environment and should be able to function with minimum supervision. Responsibilities:
- Support APAC Securities Services business on centralized control activities
- Assist the Business in key policy adherence and key risk indicator monitoring
- Implement and facilitate senior governance and control forums
- Ensure consistent application of controls and monitoring across APAC, in line with global standards and any regionally specific considerations
- Assess internal / external events, perform lessons learned analysis and implement enhancements as needed
- Manage risk and control deliverables across multiple businesses and stakeholders
- Coordinate regulatory and Internal Audit engagements and remediation, ensuring timely response and delivery for APAC region
- Robust understanding of Securities Services products, experiences in Securities Services Operations
- 5+ years experiences in Operational Risk Management, Audit, Compliance and other risk and control functions
- Strong controls mindset and skills in identifying and mitigating risks, communicating and escalating concerns
- Effective people, project and change management skills
- Strong communication skills, with ability to influence senior stakeholders, adjust communication style for the target audience and to facilitate and lead governance forums
- Ability to assess and critically challenge information and processes, delivering appropriate outcomes
- Ability to collaborate across businesses, regions and support functions
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting