Sen Business Risk Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
An interesting role in the Singapore Private Banking First Line of Defense Support (FLDS) Team has opened up, which is part of the Bank's PB Location COO Organisation. The key responsibility of the FLDS Team is to implement, monitor and maintain an adequate culture of risk and control within PB Front Office.
The role includes the following core tasks:
- Partner with the Front Office and other business partners and act as a risk, control and procedure subject matter expert on various topic (such as Investment Suitability, Cross Border, AML, Anti-Fraud etc)
- Supporting Front Office Management by providing expertise and by performing thematic reviews on key risk areas.
- Driving operational improvements through effective risk management and representing LCOO/FLDS in or will lead projects designed to improve risk culture, risk awareness and ensure compliance with regulatory expectations
- Providing support in identifying and assessing key operational and business-related risks across the PB Singapore platform and recommend solutions to lead, mitigate and monitor the risks identified.
- Provide support on location risk reporting and risk/audit related items as well as on running the monthly Risk Management Committee meeting for the Singapore location.
- Steering and facilitating audits and external reviews recommending solutions to address gaps identified and tracking and monitoring the closure of audit points.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- A fast learner with a proven 6-10 years of experience in a risk/control or related function in the Financial Industry.
- A confident personality with experience in handling business and operational risk issues and control matters.
- A team-player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to assess and handle complex situations.
- Takes pride in what he/she does
- Take initiative to identify areas of improvements and control gaps.
- Good client and service orientation, enthusiasm and flair to deal with various personality types.
- Strong communication and stakeholder-management skills and particularly liaise with senior Front Office as well as other key partners.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, and to excel under-pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
- Phenomenal interpersonal and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Private Banking background is an advantage, but not mandatory (subject to the overall skills)
- Results-oriented, dedicated who can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.