Senior Associate/Associate, Credit Control Officer, Risk Management Group
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Live More, Bank Less.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank’s risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.Responsibilities
- Review documentation including Letters of Offer, Facility Agreements and collateral support documents to ensure compliance with approved terms in credit memos.
- Perform documentation and other checks prior to activation of facilities to ensure complete and accurate documentation, satisfaction of conditions precedent, perfection of collaterals and compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review insurance policies for collaterals charged to the Bank and ensure that the Bank’s interest is properly protected.
- Liaise and follow up with Legal Counsel, Relationship Managers or Credit Risk Managers for clarification of conditions and approval terms where necessary.
- Liaise with various departments/teams to ensure that necessary checks, controls and processes are in place.
- Assist with the review and updating of SOPs/Guidelines.
- Prepare regular statistical and escalation reports.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing, when required.
- University Degree in any related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Able to organize, prioritize and multi-task, work independently and under pressure.
- Able to embrace changes and challenges.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.