Senior Associate/Associate, Mobile Developer, HACK2HIRE, Technology and Operations
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
DBS is the Worldâ€™s Best Digital Bank. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
Weâ€™re looking for effervescent proponents of our vision who are driven to understand the impact of technology across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, youâ€™ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. As part of the delivery and governance in Wealth Technology you will be part of the strategic transformation programme which is engaging in UX, design thinking, Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Design, develop and support mobile platforms utilizing the latest tooling for Android or iOS
- Understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Look at solving problems from First Principles using sound engineering skills
- Work on multiple deadlines related to new project initiatives and existing application enhancements
- 4+ yearsâ€™ experience with Objective C & Swift, Hands-on knowledge of different iOS versions and frameworks
- Solid experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Solid experience with Android app development using Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience integrating HTML into applications and understanding of the design considerations imposed by less reliable networks
- Good sense of creativity and innovation
- Experience in evaluating expandable and reliable REST-ful interfaces
- Experience with SQL and on device cache architectures
- Experience with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile applications
- Experience with migrating and adapting existing web/mobile applications to iOS or Android platforms
- Understanding code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Proficiency in OOP and software design knowledge, know how to create software thatâ€™s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Willingness to learn new technologies if needed
- A team player who can work well with people
- A self-starter who can work independently or in a team to meets challenging targets
- Great communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills