- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Aug 17
Senior Associate (Cross Asset Middle Office)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Job Description
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets product suites, risk management, P&L and valuation.
- Strong understanding of market data sourcing and curve building methodologies.
- Act as a single contact for FXRCC product and market data related queries.
- Represent MO and participate in key FM project discussion, provide business inputs and requirements.
- Provide monthly MI reporting on Sabre control framework and market data control.
- Establish governance procedures or processes around detection and resolution of exception scenarios in market data control.
- Lead the design and implementation within MO space to onboard Sabre trade replication and pricing controls for Sabre Control framework.
- Work with relevant Middle Office BAU team leads to refine and incorporate new control processes into daily BAU.
- Pro-actively sourcing for process improvement opportunities to enhance existing controls.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive key FM global projects/initiatives independently.
- Single point of contact for Middle Office representation in Working Groups or forums.
- Drive and manage discussion with key global internal stakeholders on implementation of control procedures/processes.
- Provide oversight and training to global middle office teams during new process implementation/roll out. (Able to work UK shift on an ad-hoc basis).
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience in Middle Office / Market Risk (MR) is advantageous.
- Domain knowledge of FM products (particularly FXRCC derivatives), in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L.
- Strong user knowledge of FM process flow (end to end).
- Good user knowledge of transaction capture and processing systems (e.g. Sabre, Murex, FEDS, BTS).
- Proficient in programming and coding (VBA, C++) is advantageous.
- Preferred degree: Finance related degree (BSc/MSc) and/or engineering/statistics/ actuarial sciences/mathematics degree.
- Proficient presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Lateral thinker who is a strong team player with ability to work autonomously.
- High analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box/provide solutions.
- Strong track record for delivering process efficiency and scalability.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.