Senior Associate, DBSV Compliance Officer, Group Compliance
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- As a member of the compliance team supporting DBS Group's equities and futures brokerage business, advise on rules and regulations prescribed by SGX and MAS for the securities and futures industry, and perform other compliance tasks in support of the equities and futures brokerage business
- To assist the Head of DBSV Compliance in providing compliance support to DBSV overseas entities including HK, Indonesia, Thailand, US and UK, where designated by the Head of DBSV Compliance.
- To deliver timely, efficient and professional Compliance services to DBSV Singapore Management.
- Assess regulatory risk and evaluate controls for proposed new products and service processes. Provide compliance reviews through the monitoring of compliance with regulations.
- Perform compliance surveillance work according to Compliance Surveillance program.
- Update the respective DBSV Group's policies and procedures to align with those rolled out by Bank Group Compliance.
- Co-operate and liaise with internal auditors, external auditors and regulators, monitor progress of issues raised by them. Co-ordinate investigations and responses to regulators.
- Assist the Head of DBSV Compliance to promote the continuous improvement of compliance with regulations, policies and procedures, risk management and control processes. Share with and communicate to team members and stakeholders appropriate "best practices".
- Review new products/services, new business initiatives, and licensing requirements
- Conduct testing of key regulatory obligations
- Provide responsive, sound, coherent and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendations on regulations, policies, products and business initiatives; clarify and resolve uncertainties in rules and regulations affecting business transactions and practices
- Establish, review and update internal rules, policies and guidelines to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards
- Liaise and resolve with regulators any regulatory concerns, and co-ordinate regulatory inspections
- Co-ordinate with central compliance team on developing and implementing training standards, courses and coverage
- Assist and support other members of Compliance staff where required
- Experience of over 5 years in compliance/audit and middle office work in financial services industry.
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting, business, law or related field.
- Communication skills with ability to clearly and diplomatically articulate issues, solutions and rationales.
- High degree of judgement and good problem-solving skills; results-oriented to ensure sound implementation of control and compliance processes/procedures.
- Knowledge of Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisers Act, SGX requirements, securities and futures practices, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and systems.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.