Senior Associate, Java Full Stack Senior Developer,Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Write high quality, maintainable production code in an engineering-oriented environment
- Work closely with Product team and Technical Architect to translate both business and non-functional requirements into scalable solutions, ensure compliance with platform architecture standards and patterns
- Take end to end technical ownership of developed features being fully accountable for the efficient and high quality implementation based on relevant technology
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing, enforce test-driven development
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation
- Contribute to coding standards and best practices for the team, participate in code reviews
- Enforce best practices in code quality, security and release/deployment process to achieve near-zero production incidents
- Participate in and drive proof-of-concepts to assess new solutions and technologies
- Work within an agile environment as part of a cross-functional collaborative team distributed across locations
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in software engineering designing and building highly scalable applications
- Strong hands-on experience in Java 8, Microservice & Docker
- Good knowledge in workflow tools, e.g, Camunda, Flowable, Activiti.
- Good knowledge in JMS (Active MQ, Kafka, Rabbit MQ), Apache Camel
- Possesses deep understanding on Cloud Native applications
- Highly comfortable with Java Spring Framework / Spring Cloud
- Familiar with front-end frameworks (React or Angular)
- Experienced with building applications using AWS, PCF or Openshift
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of infrastructure components like webservers, appservers, plugins, connection pooling, SLB, firewalls etc.
- Good understanding of OAuth 2.0 / SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience writing unit, functional, load and end-to-end tests
- Experience in designing and coding scalable microservices
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins & bitbucket
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Mesos, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube, Kubernetes etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced agile environment
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Ability to work along with team distributed across geographies
- Certification in AWS, Java, J2EE, ITIL would be an added advantage