Senior Associate, Storage Administrator, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Provides operation support to SAN / NAS storage across Singapore and regional countries.
- Collaborate and work to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Execute plan and improvements to completion.
- Maintain configuration standard and design guideline for storage and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience and monitoring functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to deployment team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Maintain and adhere to operation standard and guidelines.
- Track and drive patch management for all subsystem software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Perform storage allocations and migrations where applicable according to process.
- Conduct deep storage performance analysis, perform fine tuning and produce issue RCA report.
- Automate repetitive storage operation tasks; build and maintain storage health dashboards.
- Adhere to access process and standard, performing regular access review and validation.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system operation, supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on storage hardware and software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Support capacity planning and performance management.
- Be on site with hardware vendor on part replacement or new deployments.
- Minimum 5 years system support experience on enterprise storage platform.
- Possess sound knowledge of storage hardware and system services (volume manager, file system, snapshot, replication, EMC, HDS, multipathing software, Brocade switches)
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning of storage
- Information security knowledge.
- Data communication and network knowledge.
- Scripting and programming knowledge for storage operation automation and reporting.
- Sound knowledge on: HDS VSP, NAS CDOT, EMC VMAX, Brocade FOS, Huawei Dorado.
- Req's: Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field and 3 years of experience in job.
- Candidate may be required to work in shift.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.