Senior Associate, WAN Engineer, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Management of network daily activities; incident and problem management; security incident responses and management.
- Responsible to work with respective countries' s network team members on the review of network architecture and design, troubleshooting, as well as to work on the replacement of EOS network system or devices.
- Responsible to work with the respective server and application teams' members in troubleshooting and identify root cause, related to network.
- Responsible to work with the respective network vendors' support teams for the troubleshooting, identification and resolution of network problems.
- Responsible for network devices, as well as appliances, vulnerability review and assessment.
- Responsible for change implementation review, assessment and perform change on network devices during Bank's Green zone time which is night hrs.
- Responsible to conduct post implementation review on areas of improvement and tuning.
- Responsible to conduct and train Level 1 engineers and countries' network team, i.e. to equipped them with the knowledge to run and maintain Overseas International WAN network.
- Gather user' hosting requirement, do product research, if necessary, of users' products, do network assessment and advice various teams for network related requirements.
- Coordinate with information security governance team to align IT infrastructure with established standards.
- Ensure system compliance with all established information security policies
- Perform period health check of network devices.
- Assist Level 1 Support Engineers during problem determination and resolution whenever necessary.
- Device Access management
- Advanced troubleshooting production problems with RCA and fault diagnosis
- Performance and historical trend analysis
- Develop processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation tools for existing manual processes.
- Prepare technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of network design and operational requirements.
- Ready to be on call for 24x7 support
The person should have 6 to 8 years of network engineer experience with the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in build and troubleshooting of low latency network architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in employing and using various networking trace tools, i.e. Sniffer, Wireshark, riverbed net profiler, NetBrain, Gigamon,Grafana etc.
- Knowledge and experience in using network management systems, i.e SolarWinds, Nagios, Syslog Kibana etc.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- In depth knowledge of Cisco Routers & Switches ( ASR1K,ISR 4K, Cisco 9500,9300,9400 , 4500-X, 3560 )
- Hands on knowledge of routing, switching and other network infrastructure technologies such as:
- BGP, OSPF, PBR, Static routing
- MPLS, dark fiber (DWDM) technology
- DMVPN, GRE, IPSec VPN ,QoS
- Multicast, unicast , IPSLA
- Port-channel, Stacking
- STP, PVST ,RSTP, Vlan Trunking , HSRP, VxLAN
- Cisco SD WAN Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science
- 4-7 years of experience in supporting complex banking IT environment or equivalent
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.