Senior Associate / Associate, Data Engineer, Group Finance
Since 2014, Group Finance has embarked on a major transformation program (Group Finance Architecture Program, (GFAP) to uplift our end-to-end finance capability, upgrade our Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform, automate our regulatory reporting and build up our analytics capability. In 2017, under GFAP, a new stream of work has commenced to review and improve our cost allocation methodology and processes across the bank. The objective of this program is to develop the framework, processes and associated management tools for deeper, actionable insights on our costs to with a significant level of granularity and transparency. The delivery of this complex program requires simulating the results using a prototype model. This work requires very capable and highly motivated Data Engineers to own, develop and enhance the prototype model for Singapore, as well as customise it as required for rollout of the new cost allocation design to other countries. Key Responsibilities
- Own, develop and enhance the prototype cost allocation model for Singapore
- Taking over the existing model and making further modifications / enhancements as required
- Customise the prototype as required for rolling out the new cost allocation design to other countries
- Implementing modifications / enhancements to the prototype as required for each country
- We are looking for a candidate with 3-5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role; candidates with degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems will be preferred.
- The candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with object-oriented function scripting languages (experience in Python is an added advantage)
- Experience with common Python libraries toolkits, such as NumPy, Pandas etc
- Experience with statistical computer languages (e.g. Python, R) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
The candidate should also demonstrate the following qualities:
- Business acumen - Able to communicate ideas, conclusions and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Structured approach to problem-solving: able to break down a problem in a logical, structured manner and develop appropriate solutions / options
- Strong drive: self-starter with high level of energy, commitment and focus to drive results
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.