Senior Audit Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Jun 18 2018-06-16
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values.
Senior Audit Manager - Retail, Private Banking and Wealth Management Technology
To assist project portfolio risk assessment work and execute integrated and stand-alone technology audits for applications supporting Private Banking and Wealth Management portfolio.
To assist in maintaining stakeholder relationships with the purpose of the businesses & technology developments, identify emerging risks and advise GIA hotspot concerns.
· Perform or support the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines;
· Complete relevant risk assessment activities in a timely and effective manner, including the completion of Risk Assessment template;
· Proactively utilises the risk assessment process and stakeholder engagement to execute an anticipatory audit plan.
· All phases of the audit cycle are consistently completed in line with the requirements of GIA methodology;
· Consistent high quality audit work produced during fieldwork including detailed and accurate documentation of test results, clear and accurate audit issues and effective communication both with the audit team as well as the auditee;
· Quality Assurance reviews of databases are consistently rated as conforming to GIA Audit Methodology and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing;
· Ensure that outcomes and expectations are clearly defined for each audit performed;
· Ensure compliance with audit methodology for audit testing work executed;
· Input to the creation of high quality audit reports.
· Assist in Audits to demonstrate well coordinated resources and appropriate time allocation for the audit work;
· Assist audit team leader to ensure high quality work is produced during the fieldwork stage of an audit;
· Consistently ensure that audit work papers are completed in line with methodology requirements in terms of timeliness and completeness. Ensure high quality deliverables in the form of test results, audit issues, supporting documentation / evidence, audit issues, QA reconciliation, etc;
· Present to team leaders on whether work allocated have met their objectives, to detail the identified root courses and to explain the rationale for the proposed audit issues.
· Ensure that all audit issue action plans agreed during audit fieldwork are tracked through to completion in accordance with methodology requirements;
· Record regular status updates for each of the issues being tracked;
· Escalate as necessary overdue issues or inadequate action to resolve issues raised;
· Anticipatory action and in need escalation when high risk issues are not likely to be resolved within the agreed timeframes.
· Assist in maintaining the right relationships leading to audit recommendations and channels of audit related communication and monitoring.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct;
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct;
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Background Technology Audit with a focus on Applications Controls within international financial service organizations (5 -8 years minimum);
· Knowledge of database systems, and experience in data extraction for Audit data analytics;
· Knowledge and experience in Private Banking and Wealth Management Technology;
· Product or process knowledge of at least one of the Group Functions and Risk business areas and ability to stay up to date with developments within their area of expertise will be a distinct advantage;
· Professional auditors with core application audit / business skills;
· Experience in executing risk-based Audit Methodology, or similar methodological approach (e.g. COBIT, SOX);
· Relevant professional IT Audit/ Audit certification (CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent);
· Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining credibly effective working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business;
· Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity;
· Demonstrate ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality;
· Effective oral and written communication skills;
· Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values;
· Ability to commit to 15-25% business travel.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now.