See job description for details
About The Role
- Support the Markets audit team to raise the standard of customer experience and actively contribute to IA being seen as a value-add business partner
- Join an organisation that supports diversity and equal opportunity employment
- Highly engaged culture aiming to support your development
Role Location: Ocean Financial Centre, 10 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049315
Role Type: Permanent; Full Time
The Senior Audit Manager should embody IA’s Purpose as a ‘catalyst for continuous improvement in the risk and control environment’. The Senior Audit Manager, you will support the Audit Director (Markets) and Head of Europe & America and International Markets in designing assurance activities, co-ordinates their delivery and drives the provision of timely, relevant assurance and insights over the Markets portfolio. Your key accountability is to manage and deliver audits, and support the Audit Director (Markets) and Head of Europe & America and International Markets in ensuring appropriate and timely assessment of the risk and control environment across the Markets business.
You will ensure audit findings are timely communicated to the key stakeholders throughout the audit, and validation is done timely and properly after the remediation is completed.
You will also report to the Head of Europe & America and International Markets. You will be required to have a particularly close relationship and co-ordination with the 2 Audit Directors, Markets and International Markets to provide the right level of assurance, sharing of knowledge and oversight over the Markets portfolio.
You will work closely with stakeholders within Markets as assigned as well as participate in assigned Business Risk forums, projects forums and any other meetings as assigned by the Audit Director, Markets.
You will also be required to work closely with IA peers to support assurance activities across the Division and the broader IA agenda. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Substantial relevant professional work experience with solid experience in a Markets environment, either in internal / external audit, OR risk management / assurance, coupled with significant banking & finance industry knowledge;
- Experience should include risk and control analysis of complex business areas and processes, using this to design, lead and deliver effective assurance projects. Influencing to ensure that real improvements have been made in response to recommendations delivered;
- Excellent relationship management skills – with evidence of working effectively with, and influencing, senior executives over a sustained period of time. Builds strong networks, demonstrates emotional intelligence, empathy, influencing and negotiation skills. Uses complex influencing strategies and a wide range of tailored influencing approaches. Demonstrate capability in strategic thinking and applying that for sound business decision making;
- Takes a broad ‘organisation wide’ view and gives priority to matters that benefit the organisation as a whole. Builds an independent picture of stakeholder needs and opportunities and uses these to increase level of service provided;
- Tertiary qualified, ideally with Professional (CPA/CA) and/or Post Graduate qualifications with strong technically relevant skills is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening and interpreting & innovative problem solving skills. Acts as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and within IA; excellent negotiating, influencing and conflict management skills. Has a track record in acknowledging and leading resolution of conflict. Facilitates cross team learning.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number SIN006788