- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 24 Jan 18
Senior Audit Manager, Private Banking
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
* Working as a Team Leader / Manager, audits primarily relating to Private Banking. This involves supporting the HOA Private Bank / Team Manager by executing audit planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner within GIA methodology. * Supporting the HOA in carrying out Continuous Monitoring and stakeholders engagement for the Private Bank including attendance at committees, forums etc.Strategy
* Support the Head of Audit (HOA), where required in the development of the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate plan for Private Banking audits. This also involves Continuous Risk Assessment of the Private Banking business, identification of new / emerging risks and the impact to the audit plan.
* Strong awareness and in depth understanding of the key risks involved in the audit of Private Banking including but not limited to CDD / AML, Tax, Operational, Trust, Private Bank products and regulatory.
* Support the team manager/team leader by executing audit planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner such that audit work meets the given budget, quality standards and timelines required by the GIA methodology.
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders on an ongoing basis to identify the risks, and update the HOA to assist in the Annual Risk assessment ensuring the identified risk have been integrated into the Audit plan.
Stakeholder Management & Communications
* Establish and maintain the effective working relationships with the management of the Private Banking to keep abreast of business developments and to maintain regular dialogue with stakeholders on areas of concern and to help them improve their overall control environment.
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Private Banking's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
* Designated business stakeholders in Private Banking
* GIA stakeholders - fellow Team Leaders, Team Members and Managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
* Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / Private Banking skills and knowledge.
* Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Professional audit certification preferred
* Ability to commit up to 30% business travel.
* Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".