- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 Jan 18
Senior Audit Manager, Risk Assessment and Methodology
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Support the Head, Governance and Delivery in the design and implementation of methodology processes that underpin the GIA functional strategy objectives.Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager, Risk Assessment and Methodology in our Audit Chief Operating Office function.
The main responsibilites of the role include
* Supporting the Head, Governance and Delivery in the design and implementation of methodology processes that underpin the GIA functional strategy objectives.
* Monitor industry developments to best inform the strategy and objectives for GIA methodology
* Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
* Conducting and supporting GIA "practice reviews" that quickly identify improvements or assistance in the design and delivery of audit programs to ensure effective coverage of existing and emerging key risks.
* Using insights from audit execution/ KPI performance, co-ordinate "sprint" groups from cross section of GIA business areas to share best practice, address deficiencies quickly and enable continuous improvements
* Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
* Drive the alignment of GIA processes with 1st and 2nd line frameworks, such as ORF and EWRM.
* Lead and communicate the risk assessment and methodology processes within GIA and with stakeholders.
* Support the adoption of "same language" in GIA as wider bank and risk functions.
* Participate and support in Business Efficiency and Operational Excellence objectives for GIA.
* Provide support on the review and implementation of efficient and effective processes e.g. smart/ agile auditing.
People and Talent
* Drive alignment of risk assessment and methodology processes to the wider GIA People Strategy.
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
* Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
* Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
* Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
* Lead and communicate the GIA risk assessment process (both periodic and ongoing) to achieve a risk based audit plan.
* Support the Head, Governance and Delivery in identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks relevant to GIA. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
* Manage supporting processes such as internal reviews, operational risk testing, benchmarking etc that assist in risk management.
* Help interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Helping to deliver 'effective governance' in GIA; capability to challenge colleagues effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Qualified internal auditor with at least three years' audit delivery experience
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now.