Senior Auditor, Assistant Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Senior Auditor, Assistant Vice President
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The Global Financial Crimes Audit team provides centralized coverage for all of the Firm's financial crimes risks globally. The team provides independent testing and assessment of financial crimes operations and Compliance with enterprise standards and local laws and regulations. The Senior Audit role will perform Audit execution work, in both group and individually settings. The role will also seek to have the associate gain experience with country-specific regulations and grow into the role of leading Audit's and bigger bodies of work, both regionally and globally.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of testwork during audit activities.
- Utilizes sound analytical skills and possesses product, business, and technical expertise to execute assigned audit testing responsibilities.
- Independently executes audit testwork on assigned audits and demonstrates sound project management skills.
- Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings. Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Works with team and provides input to draft quality audit reports and supports sharing audit results with business leaders.
- Begins to establish business partner relationships; primary engagement is with line management.
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Actively supports peers and audit team with development as part of on the job training during audit execution.
- Fosters a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and/or other relevant experience
- Experience with AML or global financial crimes
- Strong technical accounting skills and experience auditing financial reporting processes
- Individual with desire to learn and teach others, high energy, positive attitude
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities; Able to develop and convey a point of view
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude. Able to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize work and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Creative thinker who can map out creative solutions and lead their implementation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with dedication to superior service.
- PC proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization.
- Able to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced degree
- CAMS Certified
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong financial services technical accounting knowledge
- Experience auditing US bank regulatory, Basel, and/or BSA/AML and other Financial Crimes related regulations
Posting Date: 02/10/2017
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40