- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 14 Nov 17
Senior Big Data Engineer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This role reports directly to the Head of Technology - RPBWM Data Analytics. The successful candidate will adopt best practices and a structured approach towards big data engineering and facilitate development and deployment of Retail Analytics business use-cases. He would work closely with business partners in Group Retail Analytics and would help to write software for all real time analytics use-cases.
What you can expect from the role:
* Big data analytics exposure.
* Horne your problem solving skills by solving business problems on real time analytics
* Complex and varied problems to solve using analytics.
* Challenging deadlines.
* Interconnected delivery streams requiring on-the-ground coordination and expertise to effectively manage dependencies, critical path & interlocks.
* Satisfaction in delivering against a key objective for the technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Work as part of the technology team to implement the real time analytics use cases.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the various retail, private and wealth data sources within the bank.
* Well versed with software engineering design principles and architecture.
* Write clean and structured code with proper unit test coverage.
* Help drive the practices of good software development within the team.
* Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents
* Collaborate effectively with customers as well as other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their areas
* Learn the real time analytics tools being used in the bank.
* Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals;
* Exhibit Creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers.
* Provide periodic project updates to ITO leads and PM's.
* Engage with key stakeholders, groups, and committees to support approval and implementation of the use-cases.
* Support transition of analytics use-case capabilities into BAU
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor/Master's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Java/J2EE and various frameworks
- Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Flume, SOLR, Apache Phoenix.
- Spark /Scala Experience will be a plus.
- Familiarity with No-SQL and ETL tools
- Knowledgeable of the RESTful concept
- Knowledge of data modelling and programming
- Experience with performance tuning and profiling
- Maven, git, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing
- Proficient linux user with basic linux administration skills
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product
changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Be knowledgeable of industry standards and trends.
- Understanding of marketing processes in the financial and or retail market will be an added advantage.
- 7-8 years of work experience in Banking or Financial domain.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
- Able to work independently and familiar with project management in SCB.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 29/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.