- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 14 Feb 18
Senior Business Analyst
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
As a Business Analyst /PM within Financial Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, other project managers, business stakeholders, Operational partners and other technical experts globally.
- Perform in-depth analysis around key requirements of the project and regulatory changes (Trade Reporting Regulatory projects).
- Work with technology teams to design the reconciliation solution and process, implement the reconciliation tool into SCB architecture.
- Articulate the Scope / requirements in standard documents/process flow diagrams/use case diagrams etc to secure signoff from stakeholders.
- Participation in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Conduct meetings and relevant discussions to engage stakeholders in the right perspective and take the requirements/ specifications to closure.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, Industry calls, Regulators etc).
- Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people/ PM in a timely manner - assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps.
- Determine Strategic Solutions / Proposals - focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution.
- Facilitates Business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Provide solutions as well as produce clear and unambiguous functional specifications for development team.
- Use appropriate tools like JIRA, WIKI etc to ensure that Functional Specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders.
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks.
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design calls & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team.
- Conduct Knowledge sharing/ staff learning program within the team
- Mentor junior Business Analysts to perform their roles in a better manner.
- Successful delivery of FX, Rates and Credit strategic and regulatory change projects within Group Technology and Operations
- Proactive issue identification and resolution, focusing on long term objectives and improvement
- Strong and positive influence on direction and success of front to back FX, Rates and Credit business change agenda, representing Operations
- Contribution to significant advances in operational capability for processing of FX, Rates and Credit derivatives
- Clear and appropriate communication with front to back stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of regulatory regimes (e.g: EMIR/Dodd Frank/MIFID2) is very important.
- Good experience of managing change - both project leadership and business analysis skills
- Experience of OTC products & trade lifecycle aligned to industry best practice
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity.
- Articulate requirements clearly by using graphic and workflow tools like Visio, wireframe tools etc.
- Ability to work proactively & independently and display initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work effectively cross department and geography
- Proactive and driven individual - independent thinker able to influence and motivate others.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo & provide alternative solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of agile analysis & development is desirable