Senior Business Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business requirement gathering, process re-engineering and design, systems impact analysis
- Define and document business functions and processes, functional requirements / user stories for KYC/CLM apps
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood processes/steps/requirements/user stories/epics for use in training
- Serve as a conduit between the customer community (Key Stakeholders and end-users) and the software development team through which requirements flow; Ensure developers understand the context of the changes;
- Drive and challenge the business on the implementation of KYC/ CLM
- Highlight risks, suggest mitigation, and to manage and actively monitor them to reduce the likelihood of occurrence
- Promote proactive communication and collaboration across all the teams.
- Perform Data Gap Analysis, map the data requirements to the target state for Client Life Cycle Data Management
- Comparing data requirements with group data standards, and identifying potential sources of non-compliance
- Planning and coordinating profiling of data at source to ascertain data quality and consistency; Initiating and executing data cleansing where necessary
- Proposing data quality validation rules and data quality maintenance where appropriate
- Planning and performing acceptance testing activities to ascertain standards and recommendations are being followed
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in terms of data definitions and mappings between data attributes in different existing systems including data lineage
- Support functional design, testing and deployment of change initiatives
- Define the training materials, and conduct formal system and user training sessions; facilitate train-the-trainer approach. Assist in training/mentoring other staff on the project
- Experience as IT Business Analyst
- Proven experience in writing documentation for projects. Determine the level of formality required and consider options for documenting and packaging requirements based on project type, priorities, and risks
- Must have worked in global enterprise scale applications development and implementations
- Ability to plan an approach for analysing, categorizing, and managing requirements.
- Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively technical information to non-technical audience, and business information to technical audience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Visio);
- Outstanding presentation skills and highly effective verbal and written English communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of international banking; experience in Wholesale Banking, especially in the client on-boarding and/or due diligence (KYC), or applicable product knowledge is highly preferable
- Certification in Business Analysis, CBAP/ Agile methodology / Scrum master is added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.