Senior Business Analyst - Data Migration
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
The Role Responsibilities
* Work with Stake-Holders in gathering Business Requirements for Data Migration and supporting the data migration process as part of "Program -enable" - Wealth Management Transformation Program.
* Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for Data Migration.
* Come up with Migration Strategy
* Own data mapping from source to target systems
* Participate in Conversion Integration Testing and Conversion Acceptance Testing Phase - Validating the Static, Recon, Financial and Detailed Verification Reports and Auto-Compare and Exception Reports during various phases of Conversion Testing
* Assist in Designing, Planning and Managing the Data Migration Process.
* Write Unit Test case as per program specification and execute unit tests
* Learn and understand relevant application functional & technical architecture and use the same effectively during development
* Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate document and communicate the data migration requirements
* Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business signoff details
* Develop best practices, processes and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities
* Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping
* Perform migration and testing of static data and transactional data from one core system to another
* Manage cross program data assurance for physical data item in source and target systems
* Follow documented SDLC life cycle as per quality management standards
* Support developers by providing functional assistance and improve functional competency levels amongst team members
* Executes proof of concepts for technology / product selection under guidance
* Participate in architecting solutions, technical audits, other testing phases for the project
* Manage a team of developers, if required
* Implement best practices
Our Ideal Candidate
* Min exp of 8- 10 years in banking operations/technology domain.
* Relevant experience in one or more data migration of banking applications
* Experience in writing functional specs , data mapping document & Impact Analysis documents.
* Experience in writing unit test cases and executing unit tests
* Strong knowledge in DDL, DML and SQL Queries
* Working knowledge of at least one or more Operating System
* Good knowledge on application architecture layers
* Understanding of SDLC process and related quality procedures
* Able to guide developers for design & program specs clarifications.
* Manage a small team of developers (3-4 people) for their day -to-day tasks.
* Experienced in design and related concepts, if required
* Knowledge in Banking Domain specific to Wealth Management and Securities Module
* sharp learner to understand different frameworks and products to participate in POC, product technical evaluation and selection
* Capable of identifying and implementing best practices
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
- Act as a mentor to the developers
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Client Management
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.